Director Engineering - leading MNC in digital interactive ente
Opportunity to join a leading MNC in digital interactive entertainment space
An exciting opportunity to create a team from the ground up and shape.
About Our Client
Our Client is a leading MNC in digital interactive entertainment space. The Company's products are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets. Our Client has more than 275 million registered users and presence across 75 countries.
- As Director of Engineering you would manage the team providing platform services that will enable other teams to tap into the product ecosystem of the Company. Compatible across multiple operating systems and devices, this central platform will empower other teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with their customers. By providing reusable capabilities that internal teams can easily integrate into their products. These building blocks are made up of digital platform domains such as Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Marketplace, Identity and Social.
- As a people manager, you will be responsible for helping shape people's careers and mentor the team in growing and reaching their full potential.
- As a technical leader, you will be hands-on architecting, designing and developing features with the team that moves our platform forward. You will create a path to scale for the team by helping them adopt world-class engineering methods and processes.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should -
- have fifteen or more years of experience developing software applications or services
- have five or more years of experience managing 100+ people engineering teams
- be accountable for implementing highly scalable, low-latency, high-throughput systems
- be able to prioritise multiple critical features and ensuring on-time delivery
- be able to leverage cloud services like AWS or any other cloud vendor for compute, storage, analytics, and deployment
- drive velocity through engineering fundamentals, framework and best engineering excellence practices like DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and Agile development. An insightful understanding of the software design/architecture process is highly desirable.
- provide feedback to core product teams to influence roadmap and strategy.
- create an outstanding engineering culture of creativity and innovation embodying authorship and pride in work.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to -
- work in a fast-paced, agile, cross-functional organisation
- stay on top of technology, participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to products and tech stack
- collaborate with geographically distributed teams, playing a critical role in interfacing with various technology teams, studio engineering teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, prioritise, and drive execution using agile methodologies
- lead and provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to talented engineers and technologists.
- receive competitive compensation