Director - Controls (Risk and Governance)
Excellent opportunity to be part of a leading Financial Institution
Newly Created Leadership Role
About Our Client
Be a part of the fastest growing investment bank and join them for great growth opportunities as well as responsibilities. Great work life balance within a results driven environment. Our client is a leading financial services organization with a well-established captive setup in Chennai
- Review and be responsible for IB Finance Control & Governance Framework
- Reviewing local / global control metrics as submitted by the financial reporting units, ensuring these are checked and circulated in advance of local / regional / global controls meetings. Present monthly global metrics to management.
- Reviewing Account Ownership reporting metrics on a monthly basis and lead process efficiency's and initiatives to ensure improving trend of unsigned and disputed accounts.
- Maintaining and controlling the books and records of all entities, including consolidation and elimination processes
- Acting as legal entity controllers to facilitate process oversight for stakeholder managers and provide critical control
- Production of internal and external standard reports, at an entity or group level, including financial statements, regulatory returns, and Management Information
- Base line analytical related activities for control and to provide first level of support for Group Finance advisory activities,
- Provision of reporting as required to Board, Audit Committee and other governance bodies
- Responsible for the monitoring and measurement of process performance, the day to day challenge and escalation of control and process issues, and the identification and prioritization of remediation and improvement tasks and opportunities
The Successful Applicant
- CA/CS/CMA/MBA degree or its equivalent and at least 18+ years of directly related experience.
- Good communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask. Able to juggle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Deadline and detail-oriented. Performs work with a high level of accuracy.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, Leadership position, high visibility role opportunity for performance led bonuses and growth within the company.