Deputy Manager - Taxation | CA | 2-5 years | Mumbai
Opportunity to gain exposure in both direct and indirect taxation
Work closely with the CFO in an established MNC
About Our Client
Our client is a French MNC in the oil and gas space. They are in the business of manufacturing as well as services when it comes to mining, refining and processing. They are now looking for a dynamic individual to look at their taxation function.
As the Deputy Manager - Taxation, you would be reporting to the Head of Tax. Your key responsibilities would be:
1. Overall knowledge of Taxation - Direct (Income Tax including Transfers Pricing, WHT / TDS etc.) & Indirect (GST, Service Tax, Excise, VAT).
2. Timely advising on change in tax laws / compliance requirements. Working with various stakeholders to facilitate tax compliance.
3. Preparation of tax returns or liaise with external consultants to facilitate timely submission of returns.
4. Monitoring tax compliance.
5. Monthly report on status of tax assets and compliance.
7. Communicate with external advisors and liaison with Revenue Authorities for closure of Audits/assessments conducted by Revenue Authorities / queries raised by Revenue authorities.
8. Reconciliation of Tax balances with SAP.
9. Interact with internal and statutory auditor for tax balance status and reconciliation of tax asset.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for this role is a Chartered Accountant with 2-5 years of experience in taxation (heavier on GST). You have experience in a Big 4 or oil and gas industry
What's on Offer
An opportunity to work closely with the CFO and regional tax heads for a reputed MNC in the oil and gas space.