Deputy Manager - Actuarial
Deputy Manager - Actuarial
About Our Client
Client is a leading Insurance shared services player.
- Undertake numerical analysis and manipulation using a range of systems and actuarial tools.
- Prepare and document simple computer programmes and models to clearly defined requirements.
- Support a range of management reports and returns.
- Respond to straightforward technical queries.
- Provide support and guidance to more junior members of the team in a range of project work as and when required.
- Seek and act on opportunities to develop wider and deeper technical and business understanding.
- Draft and maintain up-to-date, appropriate documentation and checklists for any processes that are implemented.
- Compliance - Ensure understanding and adherence to Prudential's Code of Conduct and, where appropriate, comply with all relevant regulatory policies. This includes completion of any mandatory training requirements.
- Monitor business and external developments related to own area of responsibility and propose consequent changes to established procedures.
- Financial Controls - Ensure all expenditure commitments (orders, contracts, budgets etc) and all payments are properly authorised, controlled and monitored, in accordance with Prudential UK delegated authority requirements. The responsibilities of expenditure authorisers are documented in the Prudential UK Financial Procedures Manual.
- Responsibility for supervision of other team members or managing a small team and own the delivery of that team for allocated pieces of work or project management.
- Supervise the work of more junior team members (graduate trainees; junior trainees), monitoring work progress against standards and deadlines.
- Performance Management - Follow and contribute to the recognised Performance Management process. Ensure delivery of People Management and that all its processes and tools are fully utilised in managing people allocated to him/her.
- Good commercial appreciation and attitude.
- Good level of understanding of the financial dynamics of our business and how key factors influence the various financial measures.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of technical requirements of job together with the framework in which Prudential operates.
- Ability to confidently express own viewpoint and to clearly and simply communicate actuarial issues within their team.
- Ability to develop clear, workable plans for self; monitor progress; ensure deadlines and commitments are met.
- Ability to think through issues at hand (People / Technical) and propose line of action, solution and way forward.
- Ability to review existing processes within the team and propose structured and executable process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to effectively influence colleagues.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own and team's workload.
- Ability to deliver on multiple tasks to demanding timescales.
- Communicate effectively with others, develop positive networks and working relationships.
- Good level of Stakeholder management skills.
Ability to independently handle a project and carry out resource and budget management
The Successful Applicant
- A student member of the Institute or Faculty of Actuaries and / or Indian Institute of Actuaries. Should have accumulated up to 18 credits (equivalent to ~14 Actuarial examinations).
- Actively studying for and making satisfactory progress with the Institute / Faculty exams as defined in the Mumbai Actuarial Study Support Policy.
- Good level of understanding of the Financial Services industry and regulatory environment.
- Good knowledge of Prudential / Insurance company's products.
- Some knowledge of significant regulatory processes
- Thorough understanding of at least one function / team within Actuarial and ability to deliver on assigned tasks independently
What's on Offer
- Industry leading remuneration
- Project experience