Deputy Head for Innovation : Energy Efficiency
Potential in-house research and innovation fund of 10 crores for key projects
Working closely with the MD and access to government networks
About Our Client
Energy efficiency services Ltd. ("EESL") founded in 2009, a joint venture of four Public Sector Enterprises -NTPC Limited, Power Finance Corporation Limited, REC Limited, Power Finance corporation and POWERGRID Corporation of India Limited.
The Company has been promoted by Companies which are amongst the Maharatna and Navratna
(Companies of national importance).
EESL has evolved as South Asia's first and foremost energy efficiency leader, leads the market-related
activities of the National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency. It has initiated UJALA scheme to give
wider access to energy saving LED bulbs and reduced carbon emissions and various other initiatives
for Energy Efficiency and Conservation (EE&C) across India's energy intensive industries.
EESL has evolved an innovative business model that works without any grant or subsidy from any
entity and is able to scale up operations using the model.
- Managing outreach to industry (e.g. startups, industry verticals, students) on innovation platforms for lead and new idea generation
- Maintaining a portfolio of 4 - 5 ideas in pre-scale stage across idea identification, solution creation, pilot and outreach stages
- Identification of strategic execution partnerships in government/private agencies, funding partners and other innovation leaders
- Contributing to policy and regulation platforms for creation of new business model opportunities in energy efficiency sector (e.g. EV charging, storage etc.)
- Recruiting, developing and leading a team of 5 - 10 top team across subject matter experts and pilot project execution
The Successful Applicant
- PhD or Masters in power/energy efficiency/energy management or sustainable energy, with
qualifications in business administration
- Experience with leading power companies/global Energy Services companies in R&D or innovation verticals
and/or experience with business strategy and innovation verticals in Energy Services companies
- 12 - 15 years of experience with Indian power sector with deep knowledge and networks in industry
What's on Offer
A chance to work on a potential in-house research and innovation fund of 5 - 10 crores for research and pilots,
with further flexility to develope external funding partnerships. You will have a potential for market creation opportunities in new untested and unproved fields while having access to government networks and exit opportunities with private sector players in markets created by EESL and government/ministry.