Data Scientist ( Candidates based out of Bangalore Only )
Chance to build cutting edge data science solutions
Opportunity to be part of a growth oriented organization
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest online Indian travel company with offices across the country. They are significantly increasing their tech-investments in Big-data Analytics as the base for Data-Science in Bangalore and looking to hire hard core machine learning experts with coding proficiency in SAS/R/Mahout/Matlab/Python.
The incumbent will report to the Head of Data Sciences and be responsible for:
- Building required statistical models to predict, optimize, and guide various aspects of business based on available data
- Designing, implementing, and iterating through statistical experiments to incrementally maximize site margin while minimizing risk
- Handling large volume of data every day on online platform
- Extracting and consuming data from live systems to analyze and produce robust Big-data environment
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant you must have:
- B.tech from Tier 1 College like IITs/NITs/BITS/DCE/NSIT only
- 6+ years of Programming experience in Python/Java/Matlab etc.
- Hands on experience in time-series analysis and implications on how to model and test.
- Proficiency in Regression, Decision Trees, CART, Random Forest, Boosting, Evolutionary Programming, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems, Bayesian Belief Networks, Support Vector Machines, Ensemble Methods, Association Rules, Singular Value Decomposition, Principal Component Analysis, and Clustering.
- Exposure to Collaborative Filtering, Personalization, Consumer Segmentation, Text Analytics, Information Retrieval, Search Relevance.
- Solid data management and statistical modeling skills: SAS, R, Mahout, Matlab, Python (SciPy, NumPy), SQL and Excel.
- Experience with Big Data. Distributed computing (e.g. map/reduce) is a plus, especially Hadoop, Mahout, Pig.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
Apply only if based our Bangalore.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing e-commerce giants and drive their technology innovations.