Customer Service Director
Work with a leading shipping line
Chance to work across the sub-continent
About Our Client
One of the top 5 shipping lines in the world - while structures in most companies and way of working is very transactional, this company has an is open door policy and fun environment. Customer service team size of approximately 115+
- Ensure that managers and staff are maintaining department standards, measures and key performance indicators (KPIs) for customer service, striving for consistent improvement.
- Coach and develop individual department managers and staff. Have regular performance reviews in line with company's policy and Area Management requirement.
- Resolution of high level concerns.
- Ascertain that the workload is balanced amongst the various disciplines within each department.
- Assist managers with problem solving and provide guidelines regarding departmental and personnel related issues.
- Continually strive to reduce costs and create operational efficiencies within the Customer Service processes.
- Interact with the IT and BS department to resolve any system issue as they relate to Customer Service areas.
- Assist local management in selection/hiring of staff.
- Responsible for setting targets and goals for individual department in Customer Service.
- Maintain working knowledge of services as well as all governmental rules and regulations.
- Create and maintain an open communication channel within Department, Area and Region.
- Work closely with other area Directors on process improvement and communication flow.
- Ensure that all Customer Service deadlines are met.
- Maintenance and enforcement of Customer Service and documentation/ imports manuals.
- Monitor and maintain close contact with shared services in order to ensure customer service performance level is achieved.
- Conduct regular customer survey and ensure quick follow through on the feedback received from customers for all levels
- Ability to adapt to the company's business strategy
- To identify the training needs for staff for horning their skills and to raise the efficiency levels
- Oversee Handling of Amendments are on timely basis and in compliance with Company Policy.
The Successful Applicant
. Industry Knowledge
9+ years industry experience in transportation industry
Expert knowledge of Documentation/ Imports process required
Extensive background in handling customer documentation/ imports required
Commitment to deliver excellence in documentation/ imports
. Business Systems/IT
Process knowledge & systems support optimization
Ability to promptly process data and request under pressure
Management of data quality benchmarking PPM and KPI management
What's on Offer
A senior leadership position and a chance to oversee the Indian Sub-Continent.