- Leads India operations to grow tourism, business events & expenditure into State
- Achieve tourism goals and visitor economy strategy
About Our Client
The employer is a State Government travel and events promotion agency of a G20 country. As a leading Agency delivering Tourism and Event milestones for the State, our client is focused on shaping the visitor economy through strategic research, policy and thought leadership, stakeholder engagement and consultation, commercial partnerships and investment in visitor experiences, business support, marketing and events. With current offices and presence across 13 major cities all over the world, they are looking to hire a Country Manager who will be responsible for implementing annual plans, partnering with airline and key industry partners and promoting State destinations and major events. This role will be based out of their India office in Mumbai.
- Lead the development and implementation of the annual business plans for the India office and performance measures and contribute to corporate strategic planning processes to drive visitation and expenditure into State, deliver maximum ROI and support strategic goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the local travel industry, including retailers (online and traditional), wholesalers, airlines, inbound tour operators, professional conference, and incentive organizers to develop opportunities for State including tour packages and promotion of major events.
- Use detailed knowledge to identify market needs and existing gaps which could be suitably filled by State products and collaborate with Head Office, to ensure increase of length of stay, products and experiences in both multi-destination itineraries and mono State packages of appropriate products.
- Broker introductions between State industry suppliers and India travel distributors to enable identification of opportunities to continually expand the range of State products in the marketplace.
- Identify and scope co-operative marketing partnerships, implement marketing strategies and prepare advertising schedules, targets/KPIs in consultation with the Director, Partnerships and International Marketing to extend campaign activity via partner channels, Agency channels and PR.
- Provide operational direction, leadership and develop direct reporting colleagues by promoting high performance, customer focused and collaborative culture to achieve business objectives aligned to the overarching marketing strategy.
- Lead and manage the operations and activities of the India Office including responsibility for reporting, financial, human resources, and audit requirements.
- Foster and enable a culture of innovation, maximize potential partnership and market opportunities to deliver value against consumer and organizational needs.
- Lead business development/sales element to drive new business and build existing business and development of appropriate product/experience and product marketing strategy for the market.
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field and/or extensive experience at a senior level in stakeholder management and marketing.
- Demonstrated experience in the tourism/travel/hospitality industry including a strong knowledge of the structure and operation of the industry is essential.
- An existing network of contacts within the local/India travel trade and the distribution network and demonstrated experience building and managing partner networks and relationships including experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders and partners.
- Proven experience in all aspects of business operations including financial, administrative, and human resource management.
- Proven track record in developing partnership programs with the travel trade that provide a high level of ROI for all partners.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to establishing positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in coordinating trade events involving multiple participants, contractors, and venues.
- Demonstrated experience managing the delivery of programs or activities that drive visitation through highly collaborative teams
- Thorough understanding of the India market and its culture.
- In-depth understanding of local consumer behavior, consumer and media trends, and media
- Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal and communication skills are essential as the candidate will be working across multiple geographies.
- Ability to work strategically, leveraging well-developed commercial acumen to achieve outcomes is crucial.
- An understanding of and experience with government processes.
- Exposure to social media technology and platforms will be well regarded.
- The candidate must be outcome oriented, exhibit attention to detail along with strong desire to follow through a task to completion.
- Integrity and transparency is a must
- Strategic thinker. Identifies, reimagines, illustrates, and builds out ideas, avoiding the rhythm of entrenched practices and processes.
- Trusted advisor: Providing high quality, insightful and strategic advice, and recommendations to the leadership team on issues and initiatives. Attention to detail to ensure a quality outcome.
- Collaborator: Actively develops relationships and engages with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter: Identify opportunities to drive high performing outcomes to ensure people are central to all that the organisation does.
- Innovative: Thinking creatively and drawing on world-leading best practice to provide innovative solutions.
What's on Offer
A chance to work with a Leading State Agency that offers great growth prospects and competitive pay.