Opportunity to shape the Indian internet technology ecosystem
Leadership role working closely with industry leaders and stakeholders
About Our Client
Our client is an organization representing the interests of India's internet sector, with the objective to making India the world's largest and most successful internet technology ecosystem. The goal of the organization is to create a more conducive environment for domestic companies/ start-ups and thereby ensure job creation, entrepreneurship promotion, among others.
The organization will serve as a collaborative platform for Indian internet enabled technology firms and investors in addressing ecosystem issues. They will be working through multiple channels such as policy advocacy, legal and engagement with government and other relevant agencies to promote the interests of India's internet sector.
Working closely with the CEO, you will be responsible for:
- Fully operationalizing the organization by forming a team, setting up governance body and ensuring memberships
- Providing thought leadership in terms of establishing the organization as the go-to body for the Indian Internet sector - research on innovation / technology, bringing in best practices to promote the local industry, organizing events, conferences, etc.
- Establishing and running a start-ups accelerator program, setting up a fund for early stage start-ups from the Indian ecosystem
- Creating a platform for investors and entrepreneurs to come together to further the start-up ecosystem
- Work with all stakeholders including Indian tech company entrepreneurs, governments, think tanks, to further the objectives of the organization
The Successful Applicant
You will be an internet /tech entrepreneur or professional, with 8-15 years of experience, across functions and roles at strategic levels. You will be an IIT/IIM/Ivy league student with very strong academic record and credentials.
You should have very good macro and micro understanding of the internet and technology sector. Candidates with strong networking abilities in the industry, and demonstrated ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholders will be strongly preferred. Candidates coming with Big 4 consulting experience or experience in think tanks/legislative research will be having an added advantage.
A strong entrepreneurial drive, and passion to make a meaningful difference to India's future in the internet and tech space are qualities that will differentiate the successful candidate.
What's on Offer
1. Opportunity to drive change in the Indian start-up ecosystem and make it more conducive
2. Opportunity to work with leaders and stakeholders across the industry and the ecosystem
3. Best in class compensation + bonus