- R&D Leadership Opportunity - Leading Chemicals Manufacturer
- Opportunity to set up and lead research facility (location flexible)
About Our Client
The client is leading, publicly listed Indian company specialising in the manufacturing of various fine and speciality chemicals for various applications. The company also has significant operations around the world, including multiple subsidiaries in Italy, Netherlands, USA and China
- Lead and drive the Electrochemical Fluorination/Advanced fluorination R&D efforts to make the Company one of the prominent players in this space and a front-runner globally.
- Take complete ownership and be accountable for ECF/Advanced fluorination products from laboratory scale to pilot to the commercial scale production as per the business demand.
- Be the custodian of all research and technology data of the platform. Prepare the research documents related to ECF technology platform, documentation in line with good laboratory practices and keep records of all such documents time to time.
- Collaborate with the business team on new product development, explore and propose route of synthesis with commercial feasibility and advantages.
- Guide and support the team of ECF/Advanced fluorination R&D and ensure smooth functioning of the ECF lab following highest safety standards and project management principle.
- Guide the ECF plant technical/production team for any technical trouble-shooting as may be required time to time for both existing and new products.
- Drive application development support for ECF/Advanced fluorination products for various markets like polymers, electronics, battery, lubricants, industrial, pharma etc in collaboration with the business team.
The Successful Applicant
- PhD in Chemistry/Electro-chemistry/Electro-organic synthesis/Electrochemical fluorination
- Hands on research experience (at least 5 years) in electrochemical fluorination/Electro organic synthesis/ advanced fluorination in an industrial set-up, hands on experience in setting up lab from scratch
- Hands on experience in successful synthesis of perfluorinated chemicals from lab scale to commercial scale.
- Expert in Electrochemical fluorination/fluorination and have core domain expertise in handling synthesis from designing the route of synthesis to full commercialization process.
- Hands on experience in global environment and safety standards of perfluorinated/fluorinated chemicals and experience in application of the same in industrial environment
- Behavioral traits we are looking for: Self-starter, Self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset, risk taking ability, team handling
What's on Offer
- A rare opportunity to build and lead the entire R&D effort of a leading speciality chemical manufacturer for a new area of strategic focus for the company
- An opportunity to work closely with the company's leadership to drive and develop strategic initiatives and direct R&D efforts towards new product and process developmment
- High degree of autonomy and flexibility in building and directing this new research facility, the team, processes and methodologies in line with the strategic goals for this business