Chief Operating Officer - Steel Plant (Maharashtra)
Only candidates with prior steel industry experience need to apply
Candidates with blast furnace experience will be preferred
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest metal trading companies in India for both ferrous and non-ferrous categories harnessing more than 40 years of experience. They have a diversified portfolio and a strong topline growth in India and they have forayed into steel manufacturing. They are hiring a COO for their plant based out of Maharashtra to spearhead business growth and new initiatives.
Reporting directly to the CEO of Manufacturing, you shall be responsible for
- Looking after all aspects of the Maharashtra operations for the plant and local market including department GMs for Production, Quality, Purchase, Sales, Finance and HR team for all production, maintenance, quality control and safety activities and sales.
- Monitoring the daily activities at the plant including all operations and process
- Understanding design and implementation of new product lines and ensure seamless integration
- Developing strategies to increase productivity and optimise costs including operational excellence measures like Six Sigma, Kaizen and TPM
- Coordinating with Planning and Marketing departments to track customer forecasts and draw production plan so as to derive the necessary resources requirements as per production schedule and optimization of materials
- Coordinating maintenance and repairs to ensure a safe working environment
- Facilitating interdepartmental coordination with Engineering, QA, HR, Stores, Purchase, Marketing and Maintenance to address day-to-day cross functional issues
- Reviewing the overall performance and identifying training necessities of all personnel
- Ensuring all legal requirements, company safety procedures, and local and state health and safety regulations are met
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you have a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field. You have previously had 10+ yrs. experience in manufacturing supervision, production management or plant management in the steel industry environment. You have an in-depth understanding of steel manufacturing with a special focus on blast furnace expertise. You have the ability to balance production and maintenance needs along with sales and marketing needs and possess strong analytical and decision making skills.
What's on Offer
- A great opportunity to hold a pivotal leadership role with a renowned company
- Excellent remuneration and bonus