Chief Financial Officer, Leading FinTech Marketplace
Opportunity to work as part of the leadership team of a FinTech disruptor
Singificant wealth creation opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a pioneering player in the FinTech industry in India in the institutional credit space. They have created a one of a kind online marketplace for institutional credit, bringing together issuers and lenders, while also participating in the marketplace through their own balance sheet.
Within a short span of two years, the platform has gained immense traction, and today boasts of 100+ clients, 100+ investors and credit deal closures of close to INR 16,000 Crs till date. They are backed by one of the leading global Private Equity firms, and have also been successful in attracting high quality talent from some of the leading companies and universities globally. With the fundamentals in place, they are now gearing up for their next phase of high growth, and are further building up their teams to take the company to the next level.
Reporting to the MD, the CFO will be responsible for :
- Serving as a pivotal member of the senior management team, partnering in the formulation of the overall organizational strategy, facilitating business growth and better performance
- Developing a roadmap to scale the business 10x over the next 4 years
- Leading banking and treasury relationships, building and leveraging network with banks, financial institutions and rating agencies for funding & reducing costs. Building an extremely diverse liability base with best-in-class cost of funds
- Lead presentations, negotiations and general engagement with equity investors to raise equity at regular intervals
- Presenting accurate financial statements to the board, investors and promoters, managing overall investor relationships
- Overseeing financial reporting, accounts, controls, taxation, audits and regulatory compliance
- Monitor cash flows to ensure healthy liquidity with effective cash flow forecasting, planning and monitoring
- Managing a zero tolerance environment for internal controls, corporate governance and statutory compliances, sharing reports with the Board Audit Committee and maintaining a high quality governance environment
- Build and mentor a high quality team while adopting best practices
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be a qualified CA with 15+ years of post-qualification work experience, with good knowledge and expertise of the financial services sector. The candidate should have experience working as a CFO/ Deputy CFO / Treasury Head, with experience in managing large (INR 10,000 Cr+) balance sheets. Candidates coming in with senior level institutional relationships, who can propel the brand of the organization and raise large quantums of debt will be strongly preferred.
The candidate should be a natural business partner, with demonstrated record of managing teams in fast growing and dynamic organizations, and should be willing to go that extra mile to work beyond the KPIs. Deep knowledge of Indian accounting standards, statutory and regulatory framework and strong analytical and communication skills are essential for this role.
What's on Offer
- You will be part of the leadership team of a leading FinTech, which has established itself as a disruptor in its field and has created waves in the industry
- A unique opportunity to work with a funded start up, which has gained significant traction and garnered interest, and has scaled up very rapidly
- Working with a passionate, high performance and high quality leadership team with a strong bias for action
- Best in class compensation, coupled with a significant wealth creation opportunity. The accelerated growth has seen the stock value of the client grow 7x in 2 years. With increased market interest and product acceptance, they are on track to see even higher growth, and becoming a unicorn in the next 3-4 years