Central Purchasing Manager
Management of Global Sourcing for plant locations under the group.
Support & attain common goals of Group Purchasing.
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in the Switch Gear Manufacturing segment with a global presence and an ever-increasing India footprint. With a brand equity established over 200 years and strengthened through great products and strong customer orientation, they are currently in the middle of a phenomenal growth trajectory. They are looking for a Central Purchasing Manager to be based at their Global Shared Services Centre in Gujarat to lead the responsibility for the strategic sourcing initiatives of the company.
Reporting to the Global Head of Purchasing, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- All parts / assemblies under Global Purchase remit.
- Ensure cost competitiveness of purchased components to maintain lowest standard costs & budgeted MPV.
- Vendor development and continuous improvement to augment timely deliveries & quality of components supplied.
- Develop components and finalize suppliers and supply-chain as required.
- Ensure optimal product costing
- Continuous Cost reduction through value engineering & budgeting.
- Identifying critical components & developing dual sources to sustain supply chain.
- Global sourcing - Leverage on group sites & establish cost competitive vendor base.
- Providing relevant expertise and work closely with other departments to help improve purchases of non-production items and reduce cost.
- Establish frame contracts for key products & suppliers.
- Data - Analysis and evaluation of reports, KPI etc.
- Assign responsibilities and management of output from subordinates.
- Closely monitor and maintain / improve upon business relationship with suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
Graduate Engineer with 12-15+ years of sourcing / purchasing associated experience in a manufacturing company across direct purchasing / price finalization / product and component costing of variety of engineering material / contracting etc. Relevant working experience with multinational companies and international experience is must. Knowledge of ERP system, Microsoft Office and other computer applications is important.
The candidate also has to coordinate and exercise control across factories, interacting with different nationalities and deliver results across cost reductions / savings / vendor management across the globe etc. Hence good interpersonal and communication skills across different cultures along with ability to contribute and work in teams is desirable.
What's on Offer
A chance to work with the Industry's leading brand that offers great growth prospects and competitive pay.