Business Development Head-Renewable
BD Head-Renewable Energy
About Our Client
Opportunity to work with the brand that has emerged as a preeminent player in clean energy sector in India,which is a developer and an operator of utility and commercial scale operations in the renewable energy sector in India
All their projects are of highest quality standard and engineering capabilities.The company offers energy to government utilities, and independent industrial and commercial customers in India.They are rapidly expanding in India and have good pipeline for Growth in India.
Implement growth strategy by sourcing/hunting new business, deals that are in compliance with terms of Reference
- Filter prospective business development leads such as joint ventures ,business alliances,partnerships,investments,&customer potential in new markets:
- Ensure compliance with Terms of References (TOR)
- Evaluate identified opportunities
- Undertake preliminary commercial risk analysis to determine viability/feasibility
- Develop Investment Strategy including:
- Identifying all internal resources
- Project commercial structuring
- Project debt/equity structuring
- Proposing project financing advisers &lenders, legal advisor& their roles
- Developing bid budgets for the project up to implementation stage
- Investment Approval:
- Prepare&submit SMC/Board papers for the different gates of approval &obtain all internal clearances for the investment/submission of binding bids/offers.
- Prepare &submit compliant bids/offers for approved projects.
- Negotiate & complete all documentation & commercial objectives for approved projects:
- Secure & complete all project documentation such as Asset Transfer List&Customers List& other commercial documents etc.in order to close the project before handing over to PD&AM.
- Interface with Government Authorities/Seller on asset purchase/takeover matters.
- Secure all necessary licenses/permits required by Government Authorities for the plant such as business licenses,land titles etc.
- Complete all business development scope of work before handing over to Project Development team for greenfield projects or Asset Management team for brown field projects.
- Provide-after hand over support to Project Development team &/or Asset Management team as & when required to close any outstanding issues arising from Business Development phase of work.
- Coordinate and responsible for all work up-to project financial close.
- Overall responsible for building and maintaining government relationships as well as with other relevant authorities
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 10 years industry experience
- 5+ years Renewable Energy Industry experience
- Should have handled a team of 6-7 team members
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills. Frequent use of independent judgement required
- Diverse experience working across multiple channels
- Strong attention to details and an ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks & projects
- Excellent communication skills, including speaking, writing, and listening.
What's on Offer
An attractive remuneration package, opportunity to lead a growing business for the northern region and build a strong presence in the fast growing energy industry.