You are here
VP- Operational Risk & Controls - Middle Office (Global Bank)
- Excellent work culture promoting meritocratic growth
- Challenging & Critical role
About Our Client
Our client is a leading financial services firm with their shared services center in India supporting operations, technology, finance and analytics for global geographies. With the current expansion in their global operations, they are looking for a seasoned professional to manage & strengthen their operational risk environment for their middle office function.
Reporting into the Director, you would be responsible for managing and strengthening risk management and control environment working as the first line of defense.
Some of your key responsibilities shall be:
- Manage operational risk for the middle office operations and some key finance & accounting processes
- Develop and implement the overall control environment and perform/maintain quarterly risk assessments
- Play a pivotal role in optimizing internal control framework including documentation necessary to provide reasonable assurance on reliability of financial reporting
- Play a pro-active role during planning of fieldwork with the internal auditors and get engaged during discussions on the findings before the issuance of the audit reports
- Support in providing regular updates to the finance leadership team on implementation of mitigating actions for outstanding internal/external audit items
- Ensuring compliance with Operational Risk and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) policies
- Act as a consultant to facilitate the ongoing process improvement and risk mitigations across the spectrum and present recommendations to the process heads on strengthening current process controls etc
The Successful Applicant
- You must be a CA/CPA/CS/MBA with 12+ years of post-qualification experience
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry with a solid understanding of operational risk management
- You must have strong understanding of control testing and must be able to design, document and assess tests of diverse processes. Understanding of SOX shall be an added advantage.
- Solid experience of implementing robust internal control framework along with solid experience of working with global stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills & senior stake holder management experience is a must
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within one of the prestigious financial institution globally and be a part of their strategic expansion.