You are here
VP - Machine Learning - Financial Services
Data scientist Role with a banking client
Opportunity to work on big data platforms
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest global Banks with demonstrated strengths across Corporate Banking, Consumer Banking and Investment Banking. They are looking to hire a seasoned machine learning professional for their advanced analytics practice.
Reporting into the Analytics Head, some of your major responsibilities will be to:
- Manage a team of machine learning professionals
- Collaborate with business teams to understand the challenges and innovatively come up with solutions to meet their requirements
- Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise to Decision Management globally
- Institutionalize the domain knowledge by producing patentable solutions for the organization
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the analytic space across industries for potential uses
- POC Execution: Work on multiple project/unstructured problems businesses are facing across markets, look at providing solutions that go beyond traditional methods - Using advanced technologies and new data sources
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you need to have:
- Post-Graduation - Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics, Management Science and related fields. Could be any graduate degree holder
- (Optional) PhD/Post Doc from a reputed institution in India (IISc, IIT's, ISI, IIM's etc.)or abroad in any advanced quantitative modeling oriented discipline including but not limited to machine learning, Statistics, Marketing Science, Operations Research, Econometrics, Stochastic Finance, Distributed and parallel computing, digital media analytics, etc.
- Strong academic record and publications in reputed journals or conferences
- 6-9 years of experience in the field of advanced quantitative techniques while working for leading global academic institutes or corporate innovation research labs or analytics organizations of large corporates or in consulting companies in analytics roles
What's on Offer
The individual would form part of the Leadership team and responsible for contributing towards the vision of the organization.