You are here
Tax Manager (Head), India
Individual Contributor role
Role based out of Bangalore
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading lifestyle/consumer durable company in the world. They have a state of the art products and are market leaders in this space. India is a very important market for them and they are investing heavily into the country. They are looking to hire a Tax Manager (Head), India based out of Bangalore.
Based out of Bangalore & working closely with other members of the global tax department to communicate current and future business plans, help obtain cross functional tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination of cross functional tax solutions. The candidate is expected to collaborate effectively and to function as a technical tax business advisor and drive the implementation of tax guidance. The candidate's primary job responsibilities will include:
- Tax planning and strategic tax support for company's business in India and business projects.
- Oversee and provide India income tax and GST/indirect tax advice on a variety of transactions
- Manage relationship with the tax authority, including managing and leading any tax audits or queries
- Collaborate with Government Affairs, Legal, Operations and others key business partners in a cross-functional projects and issues.
- Oversee company's transfer pricing in India and inter-company relationships (both domestic and international), including appropriate documentation and agreements.
- Act as primary liaison with external tax advisors in India.
- Advise and work with US Corporate and Regional teams in respect of the impact of India's tax regulatory and policy developments on company's business in India.
- Provide meaningful updates to management, as well as timely analysis and advice with respect to actual or proposed tax legislative or regulatory changes that might impact the business.
The Successful Applicant
You have a degree in Accounting, CPA , Chartered Accountant, or attorney with 9-16 years of India tax experience in Corporate and Transaction Taxes. Prior experience of working with a Big 4 in a Tax Advisory role is a must. Experience in a fast moving MNC for at least last 3 years highly preferred. You must have strong tax research skills and able to provide tax recommendations on complex and ambiguous issues in light of commercial realities with the ability to simplify complex modeling and tax issues into high level presentations for business partners.
What's on Offer
Hands-on in his / her approach, you will be working as an Individual Contributor, based out of their corporate office in Bangalore.
Opportunity to grow your career with a Global Leader.