You are here
Senior Research Scientist - Leading FMCG Business
- Regular interaction with Innovation/Design Team as well as Marketing functions
- Interact with academia/higher institutes of learning to drive the unit progress
About Our Client
Our Client is a well reputed global brand, with a presence across segments and an extensive market penetration in the verticals they cater to. They are looking at aggressive expansion in their existing product categories and aligned to their objective, are looking for a Sr. Research Scientist, based out of Mumbai.
Reporting to the Category Product Development Lead for the business, the responsibilities will include -
- Develop and work on relevant projects with academia to build and develop science base within company, and also exploit learning's to commercial advantage
- Participate in various stages of product development such as pre-formulation, prototyping,
- Participate in pilot plant and plant level scale up activity
- Document the product development pathway by means of suitable reports and dossiers
- Interact and coordinate with different functions for various activities
- Conduct wet and instrumental analysis of relevant product categories.
- Utilize measurement techniques to characterize and predict product behavior over time
- Understand and follow protocols/test methods used to measure functional and aesthetic performance
- Analyze and evaluate competition products
The Successful Applicant
M.Sc/PhD (Organic Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry) OR M Pharm/Ph.D in Pharm Chemistry / Pharmaceutics with experience/ Ph.D in Entomology is must. The person must come with 8-10 years' experience in the field of formulation development preferably in the field of hair /House Hold Insecticides/ Personal care. Strong Interpersonal skills and communication/presentation skills are desirable. An understanding on regulations governing cosmetics and analytical abilities coupled with an understanding of and ability to use statistical tools is sought after. The incumbent must possess a sound understanding of product formulations, consumer expectations/insights, as well as, gaps in delivery of existing formats. Some level of consumer interaction to understand consumer needs is ideal.
What's on Offer
A chance to work in a high visibility role driving research initiatives for one of the most sought after brands in the FMCG space.