You are here
Senior Manager - Purchase
INR1,500,000 - INR1,501,000
- Head Purchase for Pune Based Plant
- US based MNC specializing in the Food space
About Our Client
Our client is a US based MNC specialising in the Food space, alongside a Global presence and an ever-increasing India footprint.
- To manage the day-to-day activities of the Purchase department to ensure regular supply of raw materials.
- Managing and controlling all the company's external suppliers with particular emphasis on the purchase of Materials and finished parts for production
- Establish strategic relationships with key suppliers (probably turnkey including design) who are aligned to the company's needs
- Ensure parts and materials are bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time for production Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments e.g - Engineering, Production, R&D and Other departments.
- Prepare a database of relevant suppliers and price trends.
- Prepare all type of MIS and Comparatives
- Floating enquiries, obtain quotations, prepare comparative statements and get approval to select the vendor.
- Price Negotiation. Preparation of Cost Saving reports.
The Successful Applicant
- 8 - 12 years' experience in Purchase department. Preferably a food manufacturing company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good command over English language.
- Experience to include vendor sourcing, Vendor Development and Vendor rating management.
What's on Offer
Exciting opportunity to head the entire purchase function for a global company with defined growth path trajectory.