You are here
Sales Director - Fortune 500 Company
- An excellent opportunity to fast track your career as a Business Leader
- Strong experience in corporate strategy and sales leadership
About Our Client
Our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of a fortune 500 group with a focus on design and technology and manufacturing and marketing of industrial analytical testing equipment created to cater to various industries such as pharmaceuticals, food and beverage and oil and gas sectors.
As the Sales Director - India, reporting to the Managing Director for India and ASEAN, your primarily responsibility will be to manage the P&L, team leadership and corporate strategy for the growth of the business.
- Lead team of Zonal Sales Managers ( People Managers) and smaller Opco Regional Managers, who manage a team of Sales Executives, Key Account Managers , Project Managers and other sales associates with the responsibility to grow Industrial segment in the water analytics market in India
- Understand the market dynamics and create and deploy strategic initiatives ( Gain Share , Grow the Market , ensure optimal Product /Portfolio mix, improve margins) by understanding the key customers and their buying process and other market imperatives.
- Ensure Sales Funnel Review cadence across regions.
- Practice and evangelize Business System Tools (Visual Management, Policy Deployment, Problem Solving Process, KPI) through the team
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Coach the Zonal Sales Managers to improve their effectiveness as People Managers and as Sales Leaders
- Ability to size up talent , provide them growth direction and mentoring to grow & develop within the organization
The Successful Applicant
- You should ideally have 10-14 years of experience with a mix of corporate strategy, P&L management, team leadership, sales leadership and/or product management.
- MBA from a top 20 institute in India with preferably an undergraduate technical degree
- Experience leading and managing a remote/diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to exceed expectations consistently
- Self-starter and must be comfortable working independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An eye for detail with a bias for action
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a business leadership role for India and fast track your career to manage an India and ASEAN portfolio for the business in less than 2 years.