You are here
Research Analyst- Insurance
Insurance Industry Research Analyst
MBA CA CFA
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading domestic brokerage houses. The client is well known across the industry for its quality of research reports and coverage, with an extensive desk of analysts.
Reporting to the Head of Research, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting in depth analysis of Life Insurance, General Insurance, Reinsurance companies and broking companies within the space including financial and sectoral analysis
- Developing and maintaining the financial models of companies and do valuation and forecasting
- Carrying out industry/company research and prepare reports outlining the investment recommendation
- Interacting and maintaining relationships with Fund managers and Analysts of our Institutional clients
- Building and maintenance of financial models, sector and macro databases as per company standards which integrate with other proprietary systems for cross sectoral analysis
- Contributing to initiation reports, sector thematic pieces and client queries
- Monitor the sector for changes (new information especially quarterly & half yearly earnings reports) and keep all models up-to-date.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified MBA and/or a CA from life or composite insurance background, with 3-8 years of experience. You should have a sound understanding of the insurance sector, and be able to analyse the financials of an insurance company in order to do a comparative analysis.
The analyst should be able to form a strategic overview of the sector. Ability to understand insurance accounting (including life and pension accounting), fundamental understanding of the reinsurance business, and the regulatory framework are qualities will differentiate the successful candidate.
What's on Offer
- Mentoring by the Head of Research who is a reputed professional in the field, with significant industry coverage experience across global markets
- Opportunity to develop a new vertical into a Major Sector category at the firm, leading a team of analysts and associates
- Best in class compensation + bonus