You are here
Purchase Head (RM/PM) - Leading Ready To Eat Segment Leader
- Part of the leadership group of the company driving key purchase initiatives
- Leverage the RM/PM purchase skills in a high visibility team handling role
About Our Client
Our client is one of the fastest growing companies in it's ready to eat segment and has already raised over 2 rounds of funding on the back of its fantastic and proven product portfolio. They have aggressive growth plans for India and hold a stellar market share within their line of products and services. They are looking for a Purchase Head to lead the RM/PM purchase initiatives for the India business.
Reporting to the Factory Head, the key accountabilities will be:
- Manage the stability of the input raw material and packaging material costs
- Accurate and consistent measurement of the KPI's associated with the function
- Handle procurement cycles, lead times and purchasing requirements within overall business process of acquisition of goods or services, and minimization of response time while ensuring needs are met in a timely, satisfactory and cost effective manner
- Procurement of indigenous raw materials, packing material including vendor negotiation
- Optimize costs and improve gross margins through vendor rationalization, supplier relationship management and expertise in handling RM/PM
- Planning / Budgeting / Policy guidelines for purchase of RM / PM to meet production plans
- Contribution to the process of purchase planning and develop materials dept. plans
- Vendor development of indigenous RM & PM
- Determine the appropriate source selection for materials, services, considering cost, quality and reliability.
- Work closely with project management/site offices and accounts department on all relevant issues such as quality, delivery payments etc.
- Implement latest strategy and process for achieving uninterrupted supply chain at best price and for best quality.
- Cost reduction through development of alternate suppliers and alternate materials.
- Ensure proper compliance of the Central Excise Act and Rules framed there-under and as modified from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
8-15 years of experience in purchase in a Food & Beverage manufacturing environment with strong focus on commodities like sugar, spices, palm oil, milk, etc. 3-5 years of experience managing a purchase team. MBA/PGDBM, with exposure of having worked in hands on set ups and strong process orientation is desirable.
The incumbent should have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and with strong articulation on points of conversation. The role requires someone who is willing to take a stand during business conversations and brings an open mindset. The client will critically evaluate the leadership potential.
What's on Offer
Role is a part of the leadership team of the company which believes in an exceptional level of employee engagement and growth.