You are here
- Leading and managing the business for the function
- Excellent opportunity to be part of a growth oriented organization
About Our Client
Our client is a French fast fashion company that has a range of clothing for men. They are focused on deepening their brand footprint in India. They have been growing rapidly and need a strong Apparel/ Product manager to fuel and sustain the growth for India
The incumbent will report to the CEO and be responsible for:
- a) The apparel manager is responsible for formulating the product strategy in collaboration with the Merchandise planning & supply chain head.
- b) The apparel manager is a strong product person with a strong awareness of market trends in menswear and upcoming trends in the market (a genuine interest in knowing latest trends & new launches in the market is critical)
- c) The apparel manager is data driven and takes product decision based on a thorough analysis of sales trends. Hence it is crucial that the person should have a good data orientation and can work with frameworks and excel tools (please do not mistake this with merchandise planning, assortment frameworks also need data analysis)
- d) The apparel manager has a strong understanding of the best practices (international) in assortment planning & can construct a range based on micro components i.e. Price, Colours, Fabrics, Options for each main product category
- e) Strong awareness of customer trends & ability to work with the store teams to identify customer needs (should be willing to listen and open to information/ ideas, whether it comes from merchandise planners or the retail operations)
- f) The apparel manager is global in outlook and can represent the India business in the assortment planning workshops in the Paris office to incorporate the needs of the India business. Experience in working with international products teams will be a plus.
- g) The apparel manager should have a strong understanding of competition and should enjoy working in stores and market to identify best sellers with competition and create products that can compete and deliver higher sales and margin
- h) The apparel manager should define products that should be made specific to India and should work with vendors to develop and present these ranges from time to time to the India team and the global product teams. While he/ she is not a sourcing expert, they should be able to smell a good product and look for opportunities with vendors all the time.
- i) The apparel manager should work with the planning team to ensure that the product mix being bought is in line with the sales and margin plans (financial plans). Strong awareness of the margin.
- j) The apparel manager should have a good understanding of store displays and VM so that he/ she can work with this department to identify the best ways to display the product to maximise through puts.
- k) The apparel manager should have a strong understanding of pricing & should work on creating the right price architecture based on the market needs and competition.
The Successful Applicant
- a) 12-15 years of experience is ideal
- b) Global exposure - culturally adapted to working with international teams and environment
- c) Strong Product understanding and market awareness
- d) Assertive and can express a clear point of view
- e) Data orientated
- f) Knowledge of French will be an advantage
- g) Has worked with Assortment planning tools , especially international.
- h) Should be able to work with the Merchandise Planner closely & should have the ability to have a specific point of view without being too aggressive
- i) Should be a team player.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International fast fashion player that offers great growth prospects and competitive pay