You are here
Procurement Director - Leader in Professional Technical Service
Ensuring objectives related to budgets, delivery and product quality are met
Work closely with the India Head to drive the overall Procurement strategy
About Our Client
Our client is a global technical services leader recognized among the most valuable brands world over in their domain of business. They have aggressive growth plans for India which will be driven by an aggressive portfolio of services including engineering services, construction management and procurement, across the entire landscape of clients (private & public, multi sector & multi geography). They are looking for a Procurement Director, based out of the Mumbai office.
The incumbent will report to the India Head and be responsible for:
- Development, maintenance, and implementation of company policies and procedures relating to supply chain management.
- Oversee compliance and provide appropriate direction to supply chain management personnel across the Region.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with direct reports, senior management, customers, other support groups and project team members.
- Effective execution of company policies and procedures relating to supply chain management in compliance with internal and external ISO audits (including but not limited to safety and ethics)
- Direct and oversee all supply chain department personnel in every aspect SCM administration
- Implementation of training and recruitment (local and international)
- Department staffing, training and oversight besides being responsible for annual employee performance reviews
- Business development proposals besides planning and resource allocation
- Review and approval of all purchase orders and contracts
- Ensuring quality and timeliness of direction given to supply chain personnel
- Ensuring accuracy and adequacy of purchasing/contracts negotiation and supply chain administration activities
- Fulfillment of various supply chain requirements relating to project performance
- Effective supervision of change activities to assure adequate protection of the company
- Timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of problem identification, status reporting and corrective action
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate will come with approximately 22-25 years' experience, including execution of Supply Chain Management responsibilities in an international project environment. The person must exhibit strong commercial and contractual awareness and excellent negotiation skills. Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills with staff, clients and vendors are essential, as is experience with Sub-Contract administration.
Professional accreditation in the SCM area would be considered an advantage and any oil & gas experience will be preferred, most likely in an EPC environment.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.