You are here
Principal Product Specialist
- To be the product champion for Inorganic for EH India
- Set the strategic direction and lead a team of Product Specialists across India
About Our Client
Leading Life Sciences & Environmental health MNC headquartered in the US.
The role will have responsibility to set the overall strategic direction, develop sales effectiveness, increase the win rate, develop compelling proof materials and spread best practices through the India team. You will be expected to feedback customer and competition insights to assist product developments and current Sales effectiveness.(Inorganic Segment - Specially ICPMS)
You will also oversee the order to sales conversion process and suggest best practices to facilitate a smoother process flow as well as being part of the NPI commercialization team.
Priorities and Objectives
- To set the strategic direction and lead a team of Product Specialists across multiple locations in India in order to provide pre-sale and post-sale support.
- Work with the sales team to improve sales execution and maximization of prospect conversion rates; To improve and maximise the win rate, ensuring customer needs are well qualified, presenting & demonstrating Organizations solutions, effective competitive positioning of our benefits and price, and ultimately improving our win rate within the available market to grow our share position. To improve the Funnel Management and Orders Pipeline.
- Assist the full sales team in the development of targeted account strategies to deliver annual business & share growth targets for our key accounts
- Develop high level relationships with the key influencers and opinion across the markets served by the portfolio.
- To collaborate with respective partners in R&D and Product Management Team., the Business Unit, Market development resources, Sales Development managers, field sales, service teams and customers to develop new application support data and sales support tools for the sales team. Sales support tools include the development of sales stories, playbooks, competitive counter attack plans and competitive positioning, sales presentation material and compelling proof data. Propose new or improved application development areas
- To drive promotions and demand generation activity.
- Provide best in class technical support to the sales team and our users; including instrument demonstrations, sample running, technical guidance on quoting and troubleshooting. Act as a technical consultant to our customer quoting process to ensure the suggested configurations meet customer needs and all commitments made fall within the performance specifications of the instrument.
- Work with the European Application Specialists to generate a strong customer referral base and utilise effectively as needed.
- Work with the sales leadership team to provide technical and competitor training programmes for the sales team to fill current skills gaps.
- Manage, recommend and drive forward resolutions to customer complaints of a technical nature often working with the service team to identify the root causes.
- Contribute to the Plan and execute effective market warm-up and launch activities for new products.
- Maintain domain knowledge and expertise in relevant markets
- Monitors market trends and competitive activity and how this relates to our market and competitive position; always able to effectively communicate Organizations competitive benefits and company directions whilst recommending appropriate strategies and actions internally to pre-empt or respond
- Comprehends target market and changing customer needs and wants; conducts market research necessary to make effective profitable decisions and provides feedback to the Business Unit for future development strategies.
- Experience using instrumentation.
- A good relationship builder, developing both internal and external networks, with an aptitude and desire to maximize Organizations business at all interactions.
- Strong technical background, both running the systems and understanding the key applications
- Strong Analytical Sciences domain knowledge and market understanding
- Proven interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to perform in a complex matrix organizational structure being able to effectively influence across functional boundaries
- Self-driven and flexible; able to meet deadlines and deal with multiple and changing priorities
- Customer-orientated but with a clear priority for profit
- Strong desire to participate in growth and success of PKI
- High energy and a 'can-do' attitude
- Extremely results-driven with excellent organizational skills, ability to effectively prioritize tasks and work to stretch goals
The Successful Applicant
Critical Success Factors:
- Educated to ideally Master Degree level in Chemistry or related field. Master/PhD degree is desirable.
- Technical Skills:
- Deep domain knowledge of Inorganic
- Travel as required in order to manage team.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of a chemistry/analytical based honours degree and ideally a PhD (completed or writing up).
- Essential Knowledge and Skills:
10+ Yrs + Exp
What's on Offer
Depends on profile