You are here
- Responsible for company's overall PR and communications strategy in India
- Primary relationship owner with all Indian media
About Our Client
Our client is a global electronics giant recognized among the most valuable brands world over in their domain of business. They have aggressive growth plans for India and the region, which will be driven by strong PR initiatives and want to become market leaders within the portfolio they cater to. They are looking for a PR Director to engage across platforms in India.
The PR Director will report to the Global VP of Marketing and PR and work closely with the global PR leads. Responsibilities will include :
- Strategize PR and communications plan for India to sustain positive, in-depth press coverage
- Work with global PR team to align on goals for company in India
- Manage PR team in India
- Build and foster relationships with all members of the press, across tech press, as well as consumer and business press
- Work closely with the company marketing team to deliver a unified voice across all channels, coordinating efforts where needed
- Co-organize press events as needed in key cities in the region
- Own and be accountable for all press engagement metrics
The Successful Applicant
At least 7 years of work experience in a PR or communications role focused on technology and/or Internet sectors. Strong press network and solid relationships with key media in India (technology, business and consumer). The incumbent should be very comfortable with technology and gadgets besides willingness to travel. Worldclass creative writing skills in English (long-form and short-form portfolio required). Entrepreneurial spirit, not a "corporate person" and very outgoing, likeable, presentable, humble and naturally gifted at interacting with others. Skills would include being self-motivated, self-starter, and able to handle tight deadlines.
What's on Offer
A chance to work with the Industry's leading brand that offers great growth prospects and competitive pay.