You are here
Manufacturing Technology Cost Value Engineering Expert
Target costs, total Cost of product/solution, supplied goods, etc
Reduction in the component variants
About Our Client
Our client is a global giant recognized among the most valuable brands world over in their domain of business spanning across manufacturing & electronics. They have aggressive growth plans for India which will be driven by transformational initiatives besides traditional business and are looking at India market as the next growth driver for the region. They are looking to build their first Cost Value Engineering team in India and are looking for the Technology CVE Expert, to be based out of Mumbai.
The incumbent will report to the (line manager designation) and be responsible for:
- Contribute to competitiveness and profitability of company products and solutions through application of Cost and Value Engineering levers and methods.
- Maintain knowledge about production technology and costing in specific material field.
- Apply appropriate tools for Cost Analysis and Optimization (CAO), Supply Chain Productivity Improvement (SPI) and Design to Value (DtC) along the CVE processes.
- Compile feasible costs per component as basis for bottom-up target indication and cost split as part of system target costing process.
- Propose improvement measures and quantification of potentials to CVEs and other functions.
- Calculate cost base lining and regular cost updates for components and solutions acc. to maturity of design
- Propose DtC measures to R&D / Engineering and CVEs along with quantified financial impact expectation.
- Generate transparency in supplier processes, applied technologies and related costs
- Identify and quantify improvement potentials, contribute transparency to negotiations
- Propose technology-based and lean optimization measures in the supply chain.
- Networking and change management
The Successful Applicant
An ideal candidate will come with at least 10 years of experience in R&D / Engineering, or equal knowledge out of production, production engineering or production planning. Experience of Project Management coupled with the ability of leading & coaching cross functional project teams is desirable. The candidate should have an expertise in process improvement tools and experiences of having operated in multi cultural environments. The role will entail travel and expertise in terms of managing manufacturing technology and cost structure analysis with an eye on future trends will be ideal.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International conglomerate that offers great growth prospects and competitive pay.