You are here
Integrated Rural Development Specialist
- Leading Financial Institution
- Niche role
About Our Client
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) founded in 1975 and headquartered in Jeddah, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the Bank is to foster economic development and social progress of its member countries. The IsDB has 56 member countries and the Bank now boasts of five autonomous entities in form of a "Group". They are (i) Islamic Development Bank - IsDB; (ii) Islamic Research and Training Institute - IRTI; (iii) Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investment and Export Credit - ICIEC; (iv) Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector - ICD; and (v) International Islamic Trade and Finance Corporation - ITFC.
In its bid to nurture greater client centricity, the IsDB is now in the process of opening its Country Gateway Office (CGO) in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The core functions of CGOs may be summarized as strategizing, project preparation, implementation facilitation and relations building. In order to fulfil its role and mandate, the Bangladesh CGO wishes to advertise the following local professional positions to the general public. The IsDB is an inclusive organization, all eligible Bangladeshi Nationals can apply.
Reporting administratively to the Resident Representative and operationally to Manager IRD, your primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Contribute to developing and implementing country and sector strategy.
- Collate and analyze data on rural development sector projects / programs and participate in drawing future roadmaps for strengthening sector.
- Carry out responsibilities for a variety of operational tasks and undertaking assignments of project preparation, appraisal, supervision and ESW in field of expertise.
- Provide technical advice and consultation to peers, departments, divisions, clients and banks in rural development related issues, concepts and strategies.
- Contribute in preparation of briefing notes, case studies, annual benchmarking reports, and other ad-hock reports on the status of the Projects portfolio at the Country and Sector level.
- Communicate with executing agencies regarding missions and sector related issues.
The Successful Applicant
You should have:
- Masters / Doctorate in Rural Development / Rural Engineering / Civil Engineering / Rural Finance with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Agriculture and Rural Development sectors or domains; engineering and technologies, subsectors and policies of rural development institutions, rural infrastructure and rural finance.
- Understanding of the overall strategy, policy, legal and regulatory framework for the development of the rural development sector in client countries.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills. Fluency and certain proficiency in English Language is a must.
- Should be open to travel frequently.
What's on Offer
To apply, send résumé on or before January 18th, 2017 with the subject "Integrated Rural Development Specialist" OR apply directly at www.michaelpage.co.in with job reference number 3813710.
The compensation for this position is benchmarked with UN Salary Scale in National Officer Category P3. Only Successful candidates will be contacted.