You are here
India Business Head
Growing income & surplus by ensuring robust operation to support Sales, Delivery
Harnessing core product offer to expand customer base, building profitable biz.
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader recognised among the most valuable brands world over in their domain of business. They have aggressive growth plans for India which will be driven by their Indian Operational Centre managing sales and delivery, across the entire landscape of clients (private & public, multi sector & multi geography). They are looking for an India Business Head (General Manager), based out of Mumbai.
The incumbent will report to the Business Development & International Director and be responsible for:
- Establish a clear plan to increase company market share in India by formulating and implementing an aggressive new business and account development strategy
- Achieve budgeted income and expenditure in-line with three-year plan. Set and manage to key performance metrics for the operation. Provide UK management with regular forecasts on income, expenditure and profitability.
- Communicate effectively with the organisation in the UK with day-to-day performance and challenges focused via the Business Development and International Director
- Articulate business needs and provide support to ensure sufficient resources are in place to execute the strategy
- Contribute to medium and long term planning as appropriate. Identify and research potential for new and enhanced products for the Indian market place. Evaluate commercial viability create a business case to bring to market as appropriate.
- Provide clients with a high level of insight into our products and services by offering our complete portfolio.
- Maximise the potential of new business from organisations that have never traded with the company. Build long term sustainable business relationships with a range of key client decision makers.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of key client business activity, market needs and competitive environment.
- Collaborate across the variety of internal functions to deliver and meet customer expectations in all aspects.
- Create and run an efficient and effective operation to migrate through several "stages" of operational development, ensuring that operating and business procedures and processes are adhered to. Maintain accurate customer records using the CRM and build customer.
- Encourage a global approach to our client base to facilitate a collaborative working environment across UK and International Teams
- Train, coach, motivate and develop team members to exceed targets
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work; and to co-operate with the company so far as is necessary to enable it to ensure the health, safety and welfare at work of all its employees.
The Successful Applicant
The client is looking for someone with 8-12 years of experience of P&L responsibility (ideally in a HSE related industry), setting and managing budgets for income generation and service delivery. Experience of developing a strategy and plan to grow market share in India besides handling established business relationships and sales management with at least 3 years' experience of managing successful sales teams in India is ideal.
Evidence of achieving personal targets and motivating sales teams to achieve theirs besides international and national key account project management is a key parameter. Exposure to selling professional services with a consultative approach, winning tenders and bids along with performance management of employees, managing successful sales teams working collaboratively in a multi-channel environment is a must.
The incumbent must have the experience of working in competitive international territories with evidence of understanding internal and external commercial strengths and limitations besides managing costs effectively and increasing profitability.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International player that offers great prospects and competitive pay besides a healthy work life balance.