You are here
Human Development Specialist
- Leading Financial Institution
- Niche role
About Our Client
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) founded in 1975 and headquartered in Jeddah, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the Bank is to foster economic development and social progress of its member countries. The IsDB has 56 member countries and the Bank now boasts of five autonomous entities in form of a "Group". They are (i) Islamic Development Bank - IsDB; (ii) Islamic Research and Training Institute - IRTI; (iii) Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investment and Export Credit - ICIEC; (iv) Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector - ICD; and (v) International Islamic Trade and Finance Corporation - ITFC.
In its bid to nurture greater client centricity, the IsDB is now in the process of opening its Country Gateway Office (CGO) in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The core functions of CGOs may be summarized as strategizing, project preparation, implementation facilitation and relations building. In order to fulfill its role and mandate, the Bangladesh CGO wishes to advertise the following local professional positions to the general public. The IsDB is an inclusive organization, all eligible Bangladeshi Nationals can apply.
Reporting administratively to the Resident Representative and operationally to the Education & Health Division Manager, your primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Participate in the preparation and review of education & health sector policies & strategies.
- Review, appraise, support & implement education & health projects.
- Liaising with various teams & stakeholders on matters related to implementation and administration of education & health projects / programs.
- Provide expert advice and technical inputs to executing agencies, in-country technical teams, peers and various stakeholders on education & health sector related issues.
- Collect, analyze and process information relating to education & health sector operations & ensure that IDB is adequately briefed on trends in the education and health sectors.
The Successful Applicant
You should have:
- Bachelors / Masters / Doctorate in Education / Health / Business Administration with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Deep knowledge of education and health sector related issues.
- Knowledge of the workings of Governments, multilateral development banks, NGO's the UN system or bilateral agencies.
- Fluency and certain proficiency in English Language. Knowledge of Arabic/French as second language is preferable.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
What's on Offer
To apply, send résumé on or before January 18th, 2017 with the subject "Human Development Specialist" OR apply directly at www.michaelpage.co.in with job reference number 3813670.
The compensation for this position is benchmarked with UN Salary Scale in National Officer Category P3-Grade. Only Successful candidates will be contacted.