You are here
Head - R&D
- Lead Research & Development for a leading Life Sciences Company
- Leading life sciences company, headquartered in Mumbai
About Our Client
Leading life sciences company, headquartered in Mumbai
- Work with business leadership team to allocate R&D resources on highest return projects.
- Translate market needs VOC (Voice of the Customer) into product specifications and define NPI (New Product Introduction) projects.
- Manage NPI process from project sign-off through commercialization and deliver on time and budget by working with all the stake holders.
- Supervise delivery of Projects on agreed time, costs and quality.
- Developing prototypes for range of products based on company's Technology.
Drawing and Process Control:
- Ensure drawing standards are well defined and followed.
- Put document control procedures in place and ensure adherence.
- Ensure design and design review processes are well defined and followed.
- Ensure that the right drawing tools are available for efficient work.
- Provide timely engineering feedback on technical enquiries.
Improvement of Current Product Range:
- Identify cost-out opportunities in current range. Define and deliver on projects.
- Identify and deliver on opportunities to improve quality through redesign.
- Manage engineering changes in a timely and controlled manner.
- Take process ownership of processes spanning function.
- Identify main areas of poor processes/quality work to improve.
- Ensure compliance to new processes through control charts and audits.
- Improve interface processes with manufacturing and help drive CAD/CAM.
- Ensure R&D/QC activities conform to ISO 9000/13485 standards.
- Ensure that all R&D/QC activities are recorded and documented and such records are kept up-to-date.
People and Budget:
- Put metrics in place and display publicly.Conduct DRMs (Departmental Review Meetings).
- Manage functional budget (T&L and personnel).
- Set goals and hold team accountable for delivering results.
- Recruit key skills appropriately, create high performance environment, promote top performers, manage low performers and increase time spent coaching.
- Participatein Company strategic planning process, including the provision of costs and times scales for long term plans.
- Ensure availability and maintenance of required IT tools.
- Managing multi-disciplinary and teams to develop several products in parallel.
Technical Innovation and Competitive Position:
- Perform customer visits to understand customer present and future needs.
- Understand competitive position and perform "reverse engineering" and bench marking of competitive products.
- Build competency to bring in the new technologies to provide the differentiation to products and give competitive advantage to Transasia
- Build intellectual property and enhance industry participation and create thought leadership.
The Successful Applicant
Qualification : Engineering Graduate from a Reputed Institute and preferably with Post Graduate qualification in Engineering.
Experience : 20+ years
- Typically from discrete manufacturing like Medical Equipment, Automation, SPMs, Textile machinery, packaging machinery.
- Handled development of electronics / firmware / PC based software as well as mechanical development environments.
- Preferably worked with a MNC in their development center in a leadership position.
- Should have handled 50+ team sizes in a multi project / multi-disciplinary environment.
What's on Offer
Depends on profile