You are here
- Lead the complete R&D department
- Drive innovations with new product & application development
About Our Client
Our client is a niche product and service provider to the metal industry. One of the fastest growing organisations in India, they are looking to institutionalise their biggest cost centre which is the R&D department and are looking to hire a Head-R&D to manage Pan India operations for a wide range of employees across Sales, After Sales service, Services, R&D and Manufacturing.
There are five primary areas of development under R&D:
- Electronics - including hardware and embedded systems. The bulk of work here is around electronics (and related electrical) design, PCB design, embedded systems and power source systems (power electronics) design;
- Optics - focused on design of the opto-mechanical elements for a spectrometer. The company focuses on CCD-based optics across the range;
- Mechanical - This focuses on the design of all models from a mechanical and industrial design perspective. Key elements in mechanical design are to ensure the right level of precision given the fine tolerances as well as ease-of-use from a user standpoint;
- Software - Spectrometers require the development of customised software suites for calibration, applications and usage. Such software applications and suites are developed by our in-house teams in conjunction with the Electronics and Applications teams;
- Applications - Spectrometers require the development of a range of specialised Applications starting from how to calibrate the instrument and also the development of newer methods of analysis as well as features to enable newer types of usage for the unit. Application development includes, for example, methods for analysis of different materials, methods to analyse different types of samples, time-resolved spectroscopy, analysis of gaseous elements in metals etc.
Other Areas of design and development include the following:
- Backward integration for key elements of spectrometer: For the present this would include the design and manufacturing of Diffraction Gratings, Entrance Slits, Charge Coupled Devices (Semiconductor Detectors), Electronically operated Shutters for Entrance Slits etc.;
- Automation in Spectrometry;
- Developing methods for ultra-trace level analyses;
- Developing Educational Models of Spectrometers;
- Working with DAE Scientists for developing methods and instruments needed for such usage;
- Developing new and innovative items targeted at the Defence sector and markets
The Successful Applicant
The candidate must come with 15+ years or experience specifically in an R&D role. Preferred candidates would be from the spectrometer industry with the ability to iterate and generate new product ideas for R&D.
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to lead the R&D function for a fast growing manufacturing organisation. Opportunity to Launch new product technologies from scratch and working directly with the leadership team of the organisation apart from a competitive package is on offer for the candidate.