You are here
Head - International Sourcing
- Liaise extensively with global stakeholders
- Report into the country Head
About Our Client
An Indian MNC headquartered in Mumbai, the organisation is looking to on-board a professional experienced in International Sourcing. The organisation is an Industry leader in Transmission and Distribution (T&D) segment of Power Sector.
Your Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing huge annual spends for purchase
- Procurement of commodities for production/assembly of the product
- Negotiating with vendors to keep costs at a minimum
- Coordinating with Engineering and Design teams on identifying the right commodities to be purchased, from the right vendors.
- Liaising with the Logistics team regularly for warehousing needs
- Implement Sap in the entire Supply chain
- Managing internal customers, material requirements, inventory control etc.
The Successful Applicant
- B.E./B.Tech graduate, specialising in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Strong background in Metals industry
- Good relations with steel manufacturers
- 15-20 years of work experience, with relevant experience in metals or engineering industry
- currently handling purchase value of 500cr minimum though 1000cr is ideal
- must have handled logistics, local and international
- Should have previously handled international procurement roles
- must have worked in factory purchase consumables
- prior experience in purchase of billets, steel plates, steel coils from Korea, China, Japan and other low cost source countries. Minimum import of 300 to 600crs
- vendor development of forgings and castings knowledge
- In addition to this, you will also show excellent communication and team management skills
What's on Offer
A chance to work with the Industry's leading brand that offers great growth prospects and competitive pay.