You are here
Head of Engineering - Product - Start Up
- Work with a start-up in an exciting new space
- Lead a team and craft content strategy for the long term
About Our Client
Our client is a new entrant in the office shared spaces segment, looking to revolutionise co-working spaces by building a complete self-sufficient community. They have over 9 centres in India currently, and have a vision to get to 50 by end of next year, with 1000+ employees across 70+ organisations using their spaces.
Their shared spaces are marked by intranet community apps, concierge services, discussions and talks by the who's who of the community, in-house entertainment and much more. They aim to create a space from where you wouldn't want to move at all.
Reporting into the Product Head, you would be responsible for:
- Managing engineering and operational project/program teams in the design, test and deployment of new infrastructure projects, products, and/or features
- Ensuring data security and data protection
- Taking ownership of complex software architectures, operational metrics, and running the day to day operations of the business.
- Designing and defining the interaction between the different components and teams.
- Ensuring new technologies are employed productively in operations by planning their release, working with internal customers on adoption, as well as identifying and resolving problems throughout the project's life cycle.
- Planning, coordinating, and delivering engineering projects by working closely with Product Management and other teams by understanding the priorities.
The Successful Applicant
- 7+ years of relevant experience, ideally coming from a startup environment
- Experience building large scale distributed applications or large-scale internet systems (cloud computing)
- Proven track record of achieving objectives on schedule, on budget, and within quality targets.
- Superb communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong Object Oriented programming skills along with solid CS fundamentals. (Data structures, Algorithms, OS, Databases)
- Experience in technically leading software development projects.
- Experience with all aspects of software development lifecycle. Knowledge of agile methodologies is a big plus.
- Experience in developing high-performance distributed systems is a plus.
- Exposure to open source technologies is a plus
What's on Offer
You'll be working with a well-funded start-up in an exciting space, with a young and dynamic founder and the opportunity to setup the entire marketing piece and manage a team. Attractive remuneration and incentives are also an added bonus.