You are here
This position is now filled
Head of Communication, India - Leading MNC Bank
- Creation of narrative & strategic communications plan to support bank strategy
- Management of the communications team & the expectations of exec stakeholders
About Our Client
Our client is a truly global player in the banking arena. Continued success in the market and a strong balance sheet has positioned them for continued expansion. Hence they are strategically creating global roles out of Indian market and are looking for Head of Communications to join the team in Mumbai.
Reporting to the Communications & Marketing Director based out of UK, the responsibilities in the role will include -
- Embed the new operating and partnering model for internal communications: supporting the India set up. Specifically, to adapt to a shift in emphasis from general support to strategic communications advice and direction, managing the expectations of senior and executive stakeholders as they adjust to a new, rationalized internal communications model.
- Provides strategic communications counsel, trusted advice and guidance to the Country Executive, and nominated members of the India Management team, on the key strategic issues facing India Bank and Business Services India - advising the team on the most effective means of engaging employees within this business.
- Create the strategic narrative and plans that support the overall bank strategy and connect to the priorities for India.
- Produce authentic and highly valued leadership communications for the Country Executive across over 10,000 colleagues.
- Act as the primary point of communications contact for the communications leadership team and the Country Executive on all material issues facing the bank that involve India.
- Provide communications support for the India Management team when they are required to engage in external affairs - working closely with the wider corporate affairs function, as necessary.
- Lead the management of any reputational risks arising, working closely with the Head of Business Communications, Transformation & Services.
- Apply expertise and knowledge to maximise the potential of the communications resource within a strategic context
- Lead, motivate and support the Leadership Communications Managers to deliver against the communications plan
The Successful Applicant
Coming with 15+ years of experience, the incumbent must have strong experience delivery of complex communication plans for large scale financial operations (preferable) along with managing teams through transformational change. Strong communications, networking and influencing skills at a senior and executive level - a trusted collaborator with executive level management is important.
We are looking for a strategic thinker with the ability to translate strategy and plans into simple actionable steps. Successful delivery of communication initiatives that have added value to the business besides ability to juggle priorities across multiple complex projects is desirable. Budget management experience coupled with strong business acumen with in-depth technical understanding of Indian financial businesses is highly desired. External perspective on leading edge communications initiatives.
What's on Offer
In addition to an attractive remuneration, you will have an opportunity to drive initiatives as a part of the Leadership team. The role also entails a chance to work in a high intensity role directly with the UK based Marketing & Communications Director.