You are here
Group Finance Controller
- CA with 20+ years of work experience with large organisations
- 8/10yrs of experience having headed the finance function across industries
About Our Client
Our client is a large Indian conglomerate with diversified interests. They are a well-known and reputable brand in India with an employee base of over 20,000 people. The organisation operates across 7/8 different industry sectors and are continuously looking for new sectors to establish & grow in.
They are now looking for a Finance Controller (Head Finance) sitting out of their Group Office to partner closely with the different businesses & the Promoter and to plot the growth of the Group.
As the Group Finance Controller you will report to the promoter and be responsible to
1. Business performance review process
- Drive business performance review for individual businesses and portfolio as a member of the Management Boards
- Provide the promoter a complete financial picture of the critical businesses by working closely with the Business CFOs
- Meet regularly with department heads to keep informed and to offer direction.
- Conduct robust analysis and highlight concerns & action areas to promoter
- Ensure good quality discussions on MIS between the promoter, businesses
- Drives cost management initiatives within the organization to achieve improving efficiencies within the organization
2. Risk Management - Develop Risk management policies and implement effective Risk management framework (including Insurance etc.) and implementation of robust business controls
3. Investment analysis and approval process- Drive investment analysis and approval process across businesses & support and advise businesses in building robust investment plans
4. Capital allocation and budgeting processes - Drive the overall budgeting process across group
5. Strengthening financial controls in businesses
- Drive standardized accounting policies across group
- Drive a SAP based accounting systems across the group
- Drive streamlining of IT systems across group in long term
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial and physical assets of the organization
6. Interact with key statutory and internal auditors of Group companies
7. Provide secretarial compliance oversight across group companies
8. Provide inputs to businesses on taxation and legal issues
9. Provide inputs into group strategy development, portfolio assessment and talent management processes
10. Manage the IT shared services function to drive the utmost synergies within the group in the IT function
The Successful Applicant
You are a Chartered Accountant with 20+ years of experience. You have a strong background in finance across multiple industry segments. You are currently a CFO/Head of Finance and oversee all areas of finance. You have strong experience in business performance management and have a strategic outlook.
Preferably, you come with experience of having worked with multinationals and India promoter driven business. And have worked closely with owners to plot the growth of the organization.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to work with a trusted and well known brand name in an extremely key office.