You are here
General Sales Manager
- Opportunity to work with a global leader in refractories segment
- Excellent salary package
About Our Client
Our client is a Multi billion dollar, a Global leading player in refractories dedicated to mining, producing and marketing an extensive line of refractory materials and various services. Considered to be the world's most vertically integrated refractories company with expertise catering to steel, Stainless steel and cement industries.
Reporting into the Sales Director - India, You will be responsible for:
- Visit customers with technical/acct mgr. daily/weekly/monthly to identify areas for opportunities to increase business through customer performance gains and/or cost reductions.
- Product trial coverage, data collection, evaluation, analysis, and reporting.
- Have good knowledge and understanding of the technical issues, processes, product application and concerns at each and every customer location.
- Responsible for the completion of a sale (i.e shipment/logistic/consignment & invoicing/ installation/application/performance evaluation, revenue, profitability).
- Develop comprehensive strategies in conjunction with account/technical Mgr to maintain and acquire new business
- Build and present technical PPT presentations in conjunction with technical/Sales Team as a means to main and increase business.
- Have a high degree of administrative organization for administrative duties such as scheduling sales calls, expense reports, customer collection, consignment inventories, travel plans, and associated responsibilities.
- Revenue / EBITA of products in accordance to established yearly Sales Budget / Goals. Review forecasting accuracy of products. Achieve gross margins goals / objectives based on yearly goal.
- Helps, encourages, promotes , directs, coaches, mentors staff to create a healthy productive working environment.
The Successful Applicant
Education - A BS degree in business, metallurgical, chemical, materials, or ceramic engineering is must or equivalent experience relevant to the the steel manufacturing environment.
Experience - 8-15 years of sales / managerial experience or the equivalent in a steel making environment.
Skills and Competencies - Focus on Strategy/Results. Simplicity and Flexibility, Courage to take risks and make decisions, management system adherence, Computer literacy skills, Leadership
Other Knowledge - Working knowledge of the steel manufacturing process is a must. Metallurgical background would be an asset
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to be a part of global leader in its segment which promotes regional and global career progression. Excellent salary for the right candidate.