You are here
General Manager- Hospitality (Lonavala)
- Leading and managing the business for the function
- Excellent opportunity to be part of a growth oriented organization
About Our Client
Our client is a US based international hospitality giant that is has a number of luxe properties around the world. They are focused on deepening their brand footprint in India. They have been growing and need a strong General Manager to fuel and sustain the growth for their property outside Mumbai
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Develop and deliver the Annual Budget of the retreat aligned to its Vision, Strategy and Positioning and expectations of the owners.
- Attract, acquire and retain right profile of guests for the retreat, across Wellness, Leisure and MICE segments in domestic and international markets.
- Drive conceptualization and effective execution of the products through experts, as follows:
- Spa and Wellness - Authentic result-oriented wellness packages / programs aligned to customers' goals on healing viz. Weight loss; Anti -
Smoking; De stress, Sleep Recovery; Detox etc. delivered through a consultative approach, use of assessment tools and a unique combination of traditional, complimentary and Aesthetic medicine viz. Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Yoga, Meditation, Healthy nutrition etc.
- Leisure - High end personalized and exclusive Service experiences through packages / programs on Pottery; Dance studio; Nature treks, Bird watching; Star gazing; Organic Farm Gardens / Edible landscape; Kids camp; Cooking School, Aqua activities etc. and high quality customer experience on Food & Beverage; Villas and Public areas.
- MICE - Exclusive experiences for Corporate Conferences, Board Retreats and premium weddings
- Oversee feasibility studies, operator tie ups, infrastructure development, partner management and execution of programs and activities like
Equestrian Centre, Gym, Aqua Activities, Cooking classes etc. Ensure ongoing economic viability of such programs once executed.
- Create and execute an effective Pricing and Sales strategy for packages / programs and enhance average length of stay of the property. Remain abreast with competitive trends globally on pricing, packages, customer feedback etc. and benchmark to global best practices.
- Develop and manage alliances / partnerships with the travel agents / channel partners aligned to Sales strategy to maintain and grow existing and future Revenue and Profit Plan. Oversee that Familiarization trips (FAM) for the channel partners are effectively organized and delivered.
- Drive development and delivery of effective Marketing, PR & Communication Plan aligned to Positioning of the retreat. The plan would
comprise of ads / campaigns across physical and digital channels (viz. TV, Print, Hoardings, events, trade fairs (viz. WTM, ITB etc.), exhibitions, SEO, SEM, Social Media etc.) in both domestic and international markets. Lead retreat's participation and win in various prestigious industry awards at a global level.
- Ensure Operations, Maintenance and Management of the retreat is delivered effectively to provide high quality service experience and brand
promise to customers and as per stipulated processes / standards / statutory compliances. Drive initiatives on vendor management, cost optimization, process re-engineering etc. and achieve productivity, cost efficiencies and existing and future profit plan. Lead the team through periodic audit process (Quality audit, Compliance & Risk Audit etc.) for the property and closure of gap areas identified during audit to achieve top quartile ratings. Ensure Operations & Sourcing are delivered in alignment to global Sustainability standards viz. GREEN GLOBE, LEEDS etc.
- Acquire, motivate, retain and develop high performance teams within the property delivering high quality services and enabling achievement of the Annual Budget.
- Monitor and enhance performance of the property against plan through review meetings at all levels, detailed MIS, variance analyses, KPI trackers and forecasting. Closely review customer feedback through SALT scores, compliant registers, blogs and reviews (viz. Trip Advisor ratings etc.) and drive execution of action plan to enhance customer satisfaction and advocacy.
- Support the hotel in conceptualisation and execution of various events / programs aimed at Conservation, Sustainability, preservation of
Culture, protection of Environment and Community Development aligned to vision of the destination/ Institute.
- Manage and enhance relations with Owners through in-depth understanding of owners' expectations, periodic Business Review Meetings, Corporate MIS, CSAT and progress/action reports. Attend, propose and present performance / action plans / proposals / status on projects in the quarterly Writer Realty / Lifestyle Board meetings.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have a minimum 15-18 years' experience in Hospitality (Taj, Marriott, Oberoi preferred)with experience in handling resorts
- Should have grown to the ranks of General Manager in the course of his/her career with a sales and marketing background
- Charismatic & good people management skills
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International Hospitality giant that offers great growth prospects and competitive pay