You are here
Finance Controller ( Location: Kharagpur, West Bengal)
- Work for an expanding Indo-European JV. Successfully manage manufacturing unit
- Gain or consolidate experience working with local and European leadership
About Our Client
The client is the Indian market leader, recently joint ventured with a successful European multi-national, who has led the battery components market for the past 40 years developing a very high quality product portfolio. The client drives the market globally through R&D as well as Operational Excellence.
The client's S.A.A.R.C presence includes 3 main manufacturing plants(Kharagpur, Gagret (Himashal Pradesh) and Dhaka (Bangladesh). A fourth one to be opened shortly in South India), run from their Regional headquarters and manufacturing hub in Kharagpur - home to leading global giants. Our client has strategic partnerships with leading academic institutes and enjoys an excellent reputation in the industry globally. Due to this expansion in their footprint and planned growth year on year, a new position has been created.
The Finance Controller will manage finance and administration of the JV in India, reporting to senior stakeholders both locally and to the Global Head of Finance, based in Luxembourg, Europe.
This newly created Finance Leadership role will make a critical contribution to the regional growth of our client. Key deliverables of the role include working closely with the leading stakeholders, ensuring effective business support from the Finance function, ensuring that proper accounting, reporting, costing, controllership, administration and finance systems are implemented across all 4 entities to promote robust and compliant finance operations. Lead the implementation of existing ERP in other entities to increase process visibility from purchase to production and sales.
Prepare and present consolidated financial reports and communications for senior stakeholders and shareholders. Formulate and Implement strategies to ensure the growth of margins while minimizing the cost whilst also ensuring rigorous cash management & inventory control.
The Successful Applicant
- The successful Chartered Accountant will have at least 8-10 years of post-qualification experience & come from a manufacturing or industrial background where they have a strong track record of effectively managing the finance function along with an experience of leading a diverse team of people.
- Dual qualification as a Company Secretary would be considered as a valuable additional bonus, but is not a pre-requisite.
- You must also be an influential communicator and a team player to encourage open communication and cooperation among your team and facilitate a transparent insight to the senior stakeholders.
- Given the responsibility inherent in the JV consolidation project, our client expects candidates to take a longer term view of this position, so ideally you are from or are familiar with Kharagpur or the region.
- Due to multisite responsibility, the successful candidate needs to be comfortable travelling and able to work autonomously and manage the finance teams remotely. Hence the ability to think on your feet and be a solution provider is essential.
What's on Offer
- Salary package and benefits are commensurate with experience.
- Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to work in an international environment on a valuable and challenging JV consolidation.