You are here
Finance Controller (Head of Finance -India)
Opportunity to lead the Finance & Accounts for a US multinational in India
Opportunity to grow with a growing business
About Our Client
Our client is a US multinational and is listed on NYSE. Our client is a global giant with a history of more than 150 years behind them having manufacturing facilities across geographies including India. They currently have operations in more than 125 countries across the globe. With rapid expansion plans in India, they are looking to hire the Finance Controller, who in essence will be responsible for the entire gamut of Finance & Accounts for their India operations.
As a Finance Controller & reporting directly into the Regional Controller (APAC), you will be responsible for:
- Managing the Country Budgeting (yearly) and the monthly outlook process. Tracking actuals vs budgets and outlook, reasons for variances and support initiating of corrective actions.
- Laying down the organizational policy framework.
- Leading and coordinating the overall Monthly Financial Closing Process for the Country in accordance with agreed schedules.
- Ensuring timely analysis and reporting of business performance.
- Ensuring the completion of statutory audit completion in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring adherence with the prevailing legal and regulatory framework in the country including but not limited to those related to FEMA , FDI regulations , DIPP regulations , Corporate affairs etc.
- Ensuring the adherence with the Tax (Direct and Indirect) framework in the country including TP monitoring, Custom and VAT matters etc.
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of Tax accounting on a monthly basis and recognition of DTA /DTL
- Ensuring that the necessary control processes are designed, implemented and operated. Drive system and process improvements including new implementations.
- Ensuring the smooth conduct of Treasury and Credit operations including Cash Management Payment processing, Inter Company borrowing , Trade Transactions , Customer limits setup , monitoring outstanding , Customer Financing Programs etc.
- Managing and Leading a Team comprising of Accounting / Tax Professionals and Business Analysts supporting the business.
- Manage relationship to outsourced provider incl. all related administrative tasks
- Construct and validate periodic metric reporting package for all Legal Entities supported by the Service provider
- Implement and ensure the ongoing execution by the service provider of business control and reporting processes
- Develop business continuity plan and test accordingly
- Identify process improvements in order to optimize the related transactional processes and achieve annual productivity targets with the Service provider
The Successful Applicant
You are a CA with 10-15 years of post qualification experience working in a manufacturing concern. You have prior experience of working as a Finance controller in a US multinational preferably. Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience in people leadership position, you have strong analytical and problem solving skills. Hands-on knowledge of SAP R/3 will be preferred.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to lead the Finance & Accounts of the Indian operations of a US multinational.
- You will be based out of their Mumbai office initially for 6 -9 months, before being shifted permanently to their corporate office in Delhi / NCR