You are here
Energy Specialist, CGOs
- Leading Financial Institution
- Niche role
About Our Client
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) founded in 1975 and headquartered in Jeddah, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the Bank is to foster economic development and social progress of its member countries. The IsDB has 56 member countries and the Bank now boasts of five autonomous entities in form of a "Group". They are (i) Islamic Development Bank - IsDB; (ii) Islamic Research and Training Institute - IRTI; (iii) Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investment and Export Credit - ICIEC; (iv) Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector - ICD; and (v) International Islamic Trade and Finance Corporation - ITFC.
In its bid to nurture greater client centricity, the IsDB is now in the process of opening its Country Gateway Office (CGO) in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The core functions of CGOs may be summarized as strategizing, project preparation, implementation facilitation and relations building. In order to fulfil its role and mandate, the Bangladesh CGO wishes to advertise the following local professional positions to the general public. The IsDB is an inclusive organization, all eligible Bangladeshi Nationals can apply.
Reporting administratively to the Resident Representative and operationally to Energy & ICT Division, your primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Assist in preparing strategic plans and market analyses of renewable energy projects in member countries in the region.
- Participate in project identification activities, sector studies, cost - benefit and socio-economic analysis and outcome assessment in the Bank's projects in the energy sector.
- Provide knowledge base and advice relating to clean development mechanism (CDM), alternative fuels, and carbon market.
- Provide technical insight on renewable energy matters and participate in initiatives for technical knowledge sharing within and outside the complex.
- Collect, analyze and process information on energy sector projects having the Bank's involvement and communicate with stakeholders on a regular basis to maintain relations and provide support to clients in member countries around technology commercialization and renewable energy activities.
The Successful Applicant
You should have:
- Bachelors / Masters / Doctorate in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Field experience in the sector planning, projects and studies with a multilateral development bank across 2 - 3 member countries.
- Experience in the energy development field, preferably in development energy planning, projects and studies.
- Fluency and certain proficiency in English Language. Knowledge of Arabic/French as second language is preferable.
What's on Offer
To apply, send résumé on or before January 18th, 2017 with the subject "Energy Specialist, CGOs" OR apply directly at www.michaelpage.co.in with job reference number 3813800.
The compensation for this position is benchmarked with UN Salary Scale in National Officer Category P3. Only Successful candidates will be contacted.