You are here
Director - Tax (Banking & Financial Services)
- Be part of the senior management team
- Established & Growing Organization
About Our Client
Our client is a leading bank with operations in more than 60 countries worldwide. They are an esteemed brand within the global banking industry and always strive to recruit the best talent in the industry. With the current expansion in their global operations, they are looking for a seasoned tax professional in Gurgaon.
- Managing the Regional and Group Tax Reporting function
- Managing delivery of tax returns and payments
- Reconciliation of income tax expense and deferred tax balances
- Internal reporting of tax accounting information to Head office Group team
- Group reporting of tax information including management reporting of ETR, Deferred taxes and tax capacity
- Provide day to day management oversight including review of service delivery outputs, quality of service and optimum resources utilisation
- Engage with people - to ensure highest retention levels through performance management, learning & development and career paths
- To constantly analyse performance and seek, together with the management team, opportunities for business improvements and efficiencies, particularly in terms of the reductions in the cost of service as well as, for example, the promotion of more "ownership" of activities.
- Facilitate periodic operational meetings with Team Leads on planning and to discuss issues, learning and actions taken to ensure a robust service delivery culture is embedded within the team
- To drive and lead by example the delivery of strong attention to detail, accuracy and quality across all levels of the finance team
- Effective engagement with stakeholders in various geographies; managing the relationship at leadership levels, and providing timely/accurate operational updates and issue resolution
- Close interaction with Financial Control, Tax Advisory, Legal Entity Controllers, Risk Management Group, Information Technology Group and Project Management office to service tax reporting requirements
- Involvement in migration of any additional finance responsibilities which includes developing and maintaining process maps and supporting documentation for all finance functions managed by the team
The Successful Applicant
- You should be a qualified Chartered Accountant with 15+ years of experience
- Practical experience gained in the field of tax accounting, tax information reporting and a working knowledge of tax issues - direct tax, indirect tax & transfer pricing
What's on Offer
Great work culture and fast paced growth for the right candidate. Also report directly to Global leaders.