You are here
Director - Risk Modeling (Mumbai/ Bangalore)
- Leadership role in a newly created team
- Relocation to Bangalore/ Mumbai
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's top banks with a major market share and rich history. It has a rich foundation and is one of the most sought after banks to work for. This is a new team being set up in Bangalore/ Mumbai and my client is looking for a leader to build this team and lead the model development practice
Reporting to the MD, as a Director you will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of high end credit risk models
- Work on best-in-class core risk and profitability models and decision support tools for all aspects of credit risk decision points across life-cycle of customers.
- Ensuring that all risk models are in compliance with regulatory requirements and the internal model risk policies
- Manage a team of highly proficient risk modellers and pave a growth plan for the team and the portfolio
- Liase with key senior stakeholders from time to time to
The Successful Applicant
As a successful applicant, you will have the following broad qualifications:
- Masters in Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Applied Economics, Decision Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, etc.
- 7+ years of hand-on modeling experience
- Experience in credit risk modeling across various consumer products.
- Excellent quantitative skills and interpersonal skills
- Capability to build/create a culture of quality, delivery, ownership, and high performance
- In addition to bringing strong assigned sector specific analytics leadership skills, collaborate with other members of the Analytics leadership team to oversee firm development and management activities
- Exposure to regulatory bodies and submissions is a plus
- Strong technical experience in SAS, SQL and proficiency in Word, Excel, etc.
What's on Offer
Apart from leading a highly qualified newly structured team, this would be an opportunity to work with one of the best financial institutions of the world, with an immense opportunity to grow and impact the business decisions. Our client is known for their work culture and employee satisfaction.