You are here
This position is now filled
Design Manager- Women's Fashion Apparel
- Leading and managing the business for the function
- Excellent opportunity to be part of a growth oriented organization
About Our Client
Our client is an International fast fashion company that has a range of clothing and accessories for women. They are focused on deepening their brand footprint in India. They have been growing rapidly and need a strong Design Manager- Women's fashion to fuel and sustain the growth for India
The incumbent will report to the Brand head and be responsible for:
- Seasonal ranges, gap fillers & modules as per brand requirements.
- To pursue the execution of design from beginning to end by ensuring the right product, costs & quality.
- Concept development, mood boards and designs.
- To ensure execution of seasonal ranges and to ensure the right mix of merchandise is available at the stores
- To ensure that the complete range looks as one at the store (Imported + Local).
- To ensure the product is evolving always as per the brand DNA and latest in trend that is available in the market.
- To understand trends and suggest to the brand team on such trends so that the options plan/category mix evolves based on such requirements.
- To periodically study the incumbent market to analyse the sale of indigenously designed products and to also understand opportunities that can be grasped to improve the product.
- To understand the competition and provide feedback on Trend/Product/Price/Option Plan of all competing brands on a periodic basis.
- To visit vendors regularly and ensure product are delivered as per the required timelines/quality/price and to ensure understanding & evolvement with vendors.
- To visit fashion fairs/markets to understand product and translate any valuable input into products as per brand requirements.
- To be able to lead a team and drive them to deliver well.
The Successful Applicant
- Flexibility to adjust with changing business requirements and deal with challenges.
- Experience in Womenswear Collection Design.
- Experience with at least one high street Womens Brand.
- Good knowledge and ability to work on design softwares.
- Experience in print development, sample management, etc.
- Over-all 5 to 8 years work experience in the field of fashion and design.
- Graduation / Post graduation in fashion designing.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International fast fashion player that offers great growth prospects and competitive pay