You are here
Buying head- Women's denim apparel
- Leading and managing the business for the function
- Excellent opportunity to be part of a growth oriented organization
About Our Client
Our client is an International fast fashion company that has a range of clothing and accessories for women. They are focused on deepening their brand footprint in India. They have been growing rapidly and need a strong Buying Head - Women's denim apparel to fuel and sustain the growth for India
Reporting to the Brand head, the incumbent will be responsible for:
Key Focus Areas:
- To deliver fast fashion merchandise to the consumer with unique products that are true to the brand DNA.
- To deliver the required turn over, sell through & profitability as per the business requirement through efficiency in buying.
- Creating a store-wise detailed OTB plan with the Brand Head & the planner for each season.
- Study previous season's performance and take corrective action in relation to key KPIs (like ASPs, BQ, ABV and Sell Through).
- To present an international trend forecast to the brand team before the buying season.
- To align with the brand team on the upcoming trends and changing the category mix based on such forecasts.
- To ensure a right buy mix of High Fashion, Commercial and basic styles at the floor.
- To buy based on brand KPIs such as ASPs, Category Mix, BQ.
- To ensure all approvals are given correctly & timely to the sourcing team, so as to get the right product on the shop floor.
- To ensure that all themes/stories are planned and executed together at the shop floor; to co-ordinate with the visual team and pass on information regarding such stories/themes.
- To keep timely checks on OTB, based on sales, fashion trends, channel behaviour.
- To ensure that merchandise at the floor is always a representation of the brand DNA.
- Analysing weekly reports with the planners & merchandisers.
- To make monthly reports on competition brands & present the same to the brand team.
- To directly interact with the Brand's designers and Suppliers & provide them with design/product direction for the season.
- Travel to international fairs for trend & sourcing inputs.
- Responsible for all buying for all channels and all categories.
- Responsible for all styles to be delivered on time.
- Planning stories, themes and drops week wise.
- Responsible for the brand product offering.
Retail Operations Support:
- To ensure timely feedback is taken from the front end, so as to align buying based on critical information.
The Successful Applicant
- Deep understanding of the International Fashion Retail Business.
- At least 6-8 Years of Industry experience. Should have been a buyer with a well-known international brand (full time) for at least 5 years.
- Should be excellent promoter & marketer of fashion and should herself be an ambassador for the same.
- Should be ready to take challenges & question anything with reasonable logic.
- A team player who likes to take feedback on performance.
- Understanding of fashion, trends and the product.
- Open to challenges, adaptability to shifting work patterns; capability to take on-the-fly decisions.
- Should be good at mathematical calculations and have affinity to numbers.
- Should have an analytical bent with a keen sense on commercial fashion.
- Strong sales focus and number orientation; capability to think strategically.
What's on Offer
An excellent opportunity to work with an International fast fashion player that offers great growth prospects and competitive pay