You are here
Business Development Manager-Corporate Sales(Bangalore)
Source new business in Corporates by doing solution selling to HR heads
Work directly with General Management Team and drive business strategy
About Our Client
Our client is global pioneer in the assistance services business helping organizations across the globe to work and grow on an international scale. Protecting their people, embracing unfamiliarity and managing risks is their priority. It is the world's leading medical and travel security assistance provider. They help organizations achieve their goals by preparing employees for travel and supporting them whilst they are in unfamiliar and remote locations.
In this role, reporting to the Director of Sales - Corporate Solutions and General Manager - India, the incumbent will be responsible for following buckets:
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the Corporate segment within the geographic territory to identify key clients and to promote and sell the entire range of services and solutions.
- Complete a minimum of 10 face to face meetings per week.
- Identify and secure prospective clients to drive new business acquisition and gross profit target achievement.
- Understand customer needs, requirements and market trends, identify buying influences and develop contacts at the highest appropriate levels within target clients and prospects.
- Assist in developing market and segment specific marketing strategies and sales plans.
- Grow and manage a pipeline of opportunities in the CRM system (Salesforce.com). Report as requested on business development and new opportunities.
- Ensure professional representation of organization at client(s) and industry specific functions and maximize network opportunities, e.g. participation in conferences and exhibitions.
- Work (sometimes in cooperation with Supervisor - Key Account Management) to follow the standard renewal process to renew existing business.
- Support growth of profitable revenue through the use of up-selling and cross-selling within the client(s).
- Provide value added client and industry-specific medical and security knowledge to clients within a consultative selling framework and deliver client specific solutions.
- Implement a client visit plan and maximize face-to-face client sales time to drive client retention, renewal and account extension.
- Co-ordinate appropriate administrative and financial activities for new customers and existing clients including client operations and billing procedures, contract review, pricing, invoicing and AR collections.
- Ensure real time update of all client related activities into Salesforce.com including performing the following activities:
- Managing the sales pipeline, from the start of all engagements with prospects/clients, timely updating any changes (i.e. stages, competitors and resolution causes for WON and LOST opportunities).
- Tracking of all activities/points of contact with prospects/clients, providing detailed information on what was discussed/ decided and on exchanged documents
- Ensuring that all owned records (accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc.) are timely and accurately updated.
- Drive the growth of cross border sales through proactive cooperation with other regions and the Global Accounts team. Ensure recording of cross border activities on the CRM system.
- Manage the implementation of new business won, to ensure that all administrative, operational and financial activities are in place to ensure high levels of service to clients.
- Work with the relevant Marketing Manager to increase awareness of the Company's products and services through conferences and symposiums as appropriate.
- Liaise with the Operations colleagues, other specialists, the Commercial Desk and Legal Teams as appropriate during the sales process.
- Report on activities and performance (and review with management) as requested.
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly objectives and accurate forecasts
The Successful Applicant
You will be a Post Graduate in Business Administration preferably from premier management institutions with +3 years of proven sales experiences in solution selling to multinational organizations in Corporate sector along with following:
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Skills / Knowledge: IT literate and proficient in the use of computer software including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Power Point.
- Persuasive, articulate and able to work with and influence people at all levels, diverse background/ industries and personalities.
- Self motivated and possess aggressive sales personality that helps in achieving quantitative results.
- Able to work in a calm, logical and professional manner at all times.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Creative & out of the box thinking.
- Report writing skills.
- Customer orientation
- Excellent written & oral communication in English; good knowledge of local language
- Proactive, generates creative solutions, uses different approaches to resolve issues, generates ideas for improvement, and takes productive action(s) without being asked
- Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Effectively sets and achieves realistic goals, monitors own progress and assesses quality
What's on Offer
An opportunity to work for one of the industry's leading player which is financially sound and offers a high visibility engagement.