You are here
AVP - Operational Risk & Finance Assurance/Governance - Banking
- Critical Role
- High Visibility
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading Financial Institution Globally. As a part of expansion in their global business, they are looking for a seasoned professional having strong background within operational risk management or internal audit with excellent exposure of internal controls designing across diverse finance & accounting functions.
Reporting into the Risk and Control Lead, you would be responsible for managing and strengthening the risk management and control environment in the finance shared service. You would also be responsible for:
- Ensure appropriate governance is consistently applied in line with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Proactively identifying continuous improvements to the financial control environment and associated framework, supporting policies, methodologies and a applications in relation to assurance activity
- Ensuring that SOX Testing has been executed by all the process areas and providing guidance regarding the critical requirements of the guidelines.
- Supporting and guiding the process areas in completion of Control Assertion
- Monitoring and Review of SOX Testing Performed by Process Areas
- Assist in developing strategy and drive implementation to the complex policy, methodology or framework, with focus on improving efficiency and effectiveness of compliance
- Set standards, approach and methodology for Finance across the bank
- Co-ordinate and support Assurance Teams across geographies
- Support in various governance projects/streams such as Operational Risk Management Framework, Consistent Control projects, etc.
The Successful Applicant
- You must be a CA/CPA/ICWA/MBA with over 8 years of post-qualification experience
- Extensive experience of working in a Retail / Investment Bank is a must Comprehensive understanding of governance & control frameworks designing/ testing along with other aspects of operational risk management
- Excellent knowledge of internal controls and regulatory requirements like Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), COSO, Basel II
- A strong understanding and practical experience of Risk and Control disciplines, including COSO Framework, Audit Approach, SOX and PRSA Processes is preferred
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills / ability to develop relationships partnership with peers in BU and Operational Risk Functions outside business unit and central operational risk management group, SOX Office and other such risk subject matter experts.
- Experience in risk mitigation governance relating to Financial Reporting and other risks
- Excellent understanding of different financial systems along with strong experience of establishing controls around F&A functions (Financial Reporting, Controllership, LEC, Reconciliation, etc)
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within one of the prestigious financial institutions. They provide excellent career path and a high level of internal mobility (locally as well as internationally) for the successful employees. Besides our client can offer a dynamic and exciting work environment with constant challenges opportunities.