You are here
Associate Finance Director (Investments)
- Role is more in terms of Investment and evaluating business opportunities
- Organization is 6 days working
About Our Client
Our client is a family owned promoter run group with business interests in India and Nigeria. They are one of the well known names in the corporate world and have primary interest in health care and CSR projects. Based out of Mumbai they are currently looking to hire Associate Finance Director to help them in making critical investment decisions and also managing the entire finance function .
Reporting to the Finance Director you will be expected:-
- To work closely with the CEO/s of commercial ventures abroad assisting them in evaluating potential businesses , establishing the businesses, developing robust business plans, setting up the necessary Accounting and Reporting systems, ensuring statutory compliance and good governance, reviewing financial performance
- Assist the Director Finance in setting-up a strong Internal Audit system for the Charities in India and abroad
- Assist Director Finance in evaluating various business proposals of the family
- Assist Director Finance in all family office accounting matters and legal matters concerning properties
- Decision Support and Ad Hoc Evaluation: Use a combination of financial and non-financial information to facilitate timely and accurate decision making on business operations and investments
- Tax Management: Set and supervise appropriate tax controls, so that all statutory obligations are fully met on a timely basis
- Internal Controls and Risk Management: Ensure the integrity of business operations, adherence to the company's Code of Business Principles, and to minimise the impact of unforeseen circumstance, taking into account local commercial practice
- Management of the Business Planning Process: The development, installation and operation of systems for measuring and reporting business performance, ensuring their integrity, accuracy, reliability and timeliness.
- Treasury Management: To ensure the availability of cost-effective financing to meet the needs of the current and future requirements of the business and the establishment of sound cash management systems and procedures for the business.
- Accounting Operations:The development and operation of the procedures and systems to make payments, collect monies and post, record and authorise transactions and provisions.
- People Development: Provide assistance, support, direction and challenging assignments to help others learn, perform better and deal more effectively with problems or opportunities facing them. Create a strong line of succession.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you are a CA with 12-15+ years of experience working in a promoter driven orgnaization and someone who understands the nuances of a family business. You should have been in a role where you have evaluated investment opportunities for different projects and have a track record of success. You are aware of all gamuts of finance and are very hands on in your approach. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to be a part of the decision making team